Foxhound Lurcher Pup

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Young bitch coming on well, just turned 10 months old. Bottom pic was a night out last week she did o.k putting 4 in the bag, weather was great and loved the new Cluson LED Lazerlite lamp! shes keen a

my pups sister noodles  

Posted Images

lovely strong looking pup,a credit to you, but just a question,why put fell hound in it,alright plenty of stamina and strength,but do they not become vocal,when hunting prey,not a dig mate but never seen one work so just interested atb.

• Like 1

lovely strong looking pup,a credit to you, but just a question,why put fell hound in it,alright plenty of stamina and strength,but do they not become vocal,when hunting prey,not a dig mate but never seen one work so just interested atb.

I totally see where your coming from with that! a few people have asked the same. These crosses have never opened up, this is the 3rd gen of the line so the hound is a little washed down now, but the 1st cross never made a peep or my pups father. We never have a dog hunting up (although the work off a bushing dog at heel) and to be honest mainly worked on the lamp - so as long as you enter a dog a dog properly and don't frustrate it there is no reason why it should. The original fell/grey was 25" and very powerfully built animal, lacked a little pace but all 1st cross dog have a weakness. these dogs do all you ask of a lurcher! atb pal

• Like 5

Nice looking dog. Should make a good size I would say.

I wouldn't worry about his physique at 18 weeks old. Just bang plenty of grub in him and watch him grow.

I love that black mask...

DSC_0491_zpsbtublua4.jpg

Very similar markings to this pup here! nice dog pal, totally agree mate, food,food,food, just sort of meant getting a bit of shape to her.