Predator Control?

I dislike the term 'predator control' that you can see described by most of the large organisations these days. The BASC,RSPB etc. all use this description.

What's wrong these days with calling it vermin control? Maybe the word vermin is too strong for the British public?

Yes they will argue that predator control is a more specific term - but the only predator species we can control are vermin....

Maybe I'm being pedantic, but I don't like it one bit.

its wording specific meaning it manages what it says, predators.... animals who are out on daily patrol to kill livestock, poultry and fowl..... there would be a fair few animals still classed as vermin by the older generation.... feral pigeons, rabbits, rats which will kill chicks and young game birds but in pest control they are still classed as a rodent..., mice, fox, grey squirrell and son on, but predator control to the younger generation and I.T. crowd as I would call them is American mink and the red fox.... these are the animals that do the most damage in rural and in the foxes case urban areas!