Going Old School

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working on my own tonight so I thought I would go light and get back to nature a bit .....      

Don't worry it was just your Mrs bringing the washing in

he will know ive been when he wakes in the dawn with no hammock and canvas and all the veg gone out of his stew I will leave the meat probably not halal

Socks doesn't know camping if it hit him in the mouth he's learnt it all from bushcraft tutorial videos on YouTube and that photo was purely for the camera socks was really staying in the near by premier inn

I suppose you would just drag your trailer along?
when I was young boy my grandma and grandad used to keep an old Vardo and During a weekend in summer we would often take it around the local lanes stopping in various places and my bed was on the grass underneath the wagon with my two brothers at the time I can assure you being the one on the edge on a wet windy night you would get soaked to the

Bone as sisters and elders are all cosy in the warm wagon sometimes we would use tarp to stop the wind and rain when it was really bad

Why not just put the tarp up every night instead of waiting for it to be 'really bad'?

Or better yet make a shelter with the tarp away from the wagon and get a fire goin?

Socks doesn't know camping if it hit him in the mouth he's learnt it all from bushcraft tutorial videos on YouTube and that photo was purely for the camera socks was really staying in the near by premier inn

when I was young boy my grandma and grandad used to keep an old Vardo and During a weekend in summer we would often take it around the local lanes stopping in various places and my bed was on the grass underneath the wagon with my two brothers at the time I can assure you being the one on the edge on a wet windy night you would get soaked to the

Bone as sisters and elders are all cosy in the warm wagon sometimes we would use tarp to stop the wind and rain when it was really bad

Why not just put the tarp up every night instead of waiting for it to be 'really bad'?

Or better yet make a shelter with the tarp away from the wagon and get a fire goin?

I was a young boy I cannot remember the inns and outs of what we did and didn't do there would of been a fire going most of the time yes but in bad weather what use would it be also tarps where not always avalobel as could be being used to keep wood dry or something similar I can remember always trying to get to bed first so I was in the middle
  • Like 2

I was a young boy I cannot remember the inns and outs of what we did and didn't do there would of been a fire going most of the time yes but in bad weather what use would it be also tarps where not always avalobel as could be being used to keep wood dry or something similar I can remember always trying to get to bed first so I was in the middle

Well since we're being smart,why not build a debris shelter and angle a reflector over the fire to keep it dry and reflect the heat onto you?

Or save up all your pennies and splash out on a new tarp?

Well since we're being smart,why not build a debris shelter and angle a reflector over the fire to keep it dry and reflect the heat onto you?

Like I said years and years ago and a young boy who went with the flow times have changed now

Like I said years and years ago and a young boy who went with the flow times have changed now

Cushty i admire your intent mucker,many a soul on here bows to peer pressure,the majority of peers don,t have a fecking clue,keep them on their toes mush,im warming to you darling.

• Like 1

So your kids don't have to sleep under the Q7? :D

Cheers, D.

So your kids don't have to sleep under the Q7? :D

Cheers, D.

They do but they get the tarp every night, kids don't know they're born these days! :laugh:

• Like 2

Sure if you ask real nice like Socks will take you on his next glamping trip Red. He might even let you share his sleeping bag, take care of all this sexual tension :laugh:

Edited by BGD

Working on my own tonight so I thought I would go light and get back to nature a bit .....9F1A11A1-DEA5-4CF9-A5F6-370A2DF87F4F.jpg230C755B-CF0D-4691-92C9-844EA532B201.jpg221DC886-E318-4344-BAEA-C97AE6E16FBD.jpg

going old school :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Have you got mental health issues fella ......

knob, old school :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Have i got issues, ffs :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

What`s your problem with it likes ?