Weapons, Cars And Law

You've just got to be sensible.Having a knife when you're going shooting is acceptable. Having the same knife in the door pocket of your car because you'll need it next time you go isn't.

It amuses me that plod shit themselves more over a knife than the rifle in the car.

Yes me too mate, .243 rifle on the back seat that you could shoot someone at half a mile or more with,no concern :hmm: but a poxy 4 inch lock knife and he starts to become aroused :D silly knob.

I have a very sharp veg peeling knife wrapped in just a cardboard sheath made from a cornflakes box, just sits in the ash tray compartment of my van, in plain view, been stopped a few times, but nothing was said, and the police don't miss much on a stop, because they only pull you when they wan't a word with you. Blade is around 4 inches.

I have a very sharp veg peeling knife wrapped in just a cardboard sheath made from a cornflakes box, just sits in the ash tray compartment of my van, in plain view, been stopped a few times, but nothing was said, and the police don't miss much on a stop, because they only pull you when they wan't a word with you. Blade is around 4 inches.

think your tempting fate there .....

What gets me is the common "flick" knife was designed for one handed operation, as in a WW1 soldier who now has one hand can continue jobs like gutting a Rabbit. Not as a weapon. I wonder how many deaths/stabbing were solely from "flick" knives to cause the ban?

• Like 1

It's in plain veiw, use it for all sorts of jobs, from tealer string, to rabbits, Police when stopped, have said nothing, maybe its the cornflakes packet sheath that saves me. :laugh:

It's in plain veiw, use it for all sorts of jobs, from tealer string, to rabbits, Police when stopped, have said nothing, maybe its the cornflakes packet sheath that saves me. :laugh:

:thumbs:

far more stabbings with kitchen knives i suspect!! you cant blame the blade just the fkn idiot that weilds it

Its usually the WIFE in most cases

after we have been out on a 24 hour binge :drinks:

with out them :laugh:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Going to or coming from a permission is a good enough reason to carry a knife but I know of a carpet fitter that got done for carrying a Stanley knive because he was in a pub

i got pulled many years ago in my van coming back from shooting,told plod where id been because my knive was in a door pannel and i had easy access to it he said he could do me for having it where i had it so close to hand if i had grief with another driver,he was ok as cops go he did not do me we had a bit crack from then on i kept my guns and knive in the back of the car