Missed Out On A Photo By A Millisecond!

Good stuff J..

Do you still run saluki crosses ??

Yes buddy, that's what the dog is. He's ok for me, doesn't need a lead day or night. His retrieve isn't as good as it once was, but that's my fault due to him having retrieved a hell of alot of heavier game. I also use him with the gun regularly and I'm happy. He's far from perfect, but then again, neither am I! So I guess we're well suited!! ha ha

post-16-0-09343400-1440592394_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

ITS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS GETTING A GOOD PIC ON THE LAMP, AFTER THE MOONS GO.S DOWN I WILL START,,,,,,WHAT IVE FOUND WITH SOME DOGS,,,,THE ONES WHAT RUN FULL ON ,, ALL THE TIME ITS HARD TO GET THAT MOMENT,,,,,SNIPE WHEN HE GOT OLDER,,,MADE THE RUNS A LOT SLOWER SOME HOW,,,, GIVING YOU LOADS OF TIME TO GET THE RIGHT CHANCE,,,,,

:yes:That is true...

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 2

ITS HARDER THAN IT LOOKS GETTING A GOOD PIC ON THE LAMP, AFTER THE MOONS GO.S DOWN I WILL BE HOPING TO START,,,,,,WHAT IVE FOUND WITH SOME DOGS,,,,THE ONES WHAT RUN FULL ON ,, ALL THE TIME ITS HARD TO GET THAT MOMENT,,,,,SNIPE WHEN HE GOT OLDER,,,MADE THE RUNS A LOT SLOWER SOME HOW,,,, GIVING YOU LOADS OF TIME TO GET THE RIGHT CHANCE,,,,,

Aye TJones, you're not wrong. A slower dog gives you that split second more to get the shot right. I remember when I was trying to get some decent deer coursing shots in the day, many years ago. At the time I had the perfect dog for that as he was simply useless at catching deer! :laugh: :laugh: He gave me ten times better photo opportunities than a decent dog would have.....

Lamping pics are never easy, getting obsessed is the only way to get them on a regular basis, in my opinion. Only when someones had a go do they realise what kind of task it is.......

I would have loved to have seen that Snipe of yours work, he looked a nice dog. :thumbs:

I WISHED I TOOK THE CAMERA OUT AT NITE A LOT MORE,,,,, YOU CAN NOT HAVE YER CAKE AND EAT IT,,,SO TO SPEAK I FOUND THE CAMERA WAS RULEING THE NITE AND SOME HOW FOOOKING THE NIGHT UP,,,, WHEN I WAS AFTER THE NUMBERS,,,, I FOUND A PLACE IN NORFOLK WAS THE BEST PLACE FOR PICS,,,,BLADE ONE GRASS, AND OPEN SETS THE RABBITS HAVE NO CHOSE BUT TO COME UP THE LAMP,,,AND WITH A STEADY DOG THERE WAS A MINI HARE CAURSE ROUND YOU,,,,,

• Like 1