If You Could Go It Alone

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose it all comes down to what you class as living well........if having "stuff" is what you mean then let me tell you, it's not the be all and end all. Now sure, it's nice to have "stuff".....b

I started up myself just over a year ago I passed my driving and my boss at the time was due me a few pounds and a window rounds 70 customers in a total mess we just went when we had a day of fencing

You and me both matey! I'm determined to invent something and become a millionaire..... only one problem...   One day, probably in my 80s, I'll figure out what I want to do with my life! LOL

I've heard some stories about the cost of commercial fishing licenses, especially from my mates in Peterhead. Silly money.

GaZ

aye it's harder too find a licence then a half decent boat but it's not trying too step on other lobster pot men's toes as well

the mrs is looking in to theses kids in door play areas with a nursery attached done the costing etc just looking at a catchment area now theses seem to do ok and shes keen but like anything gaz you wont know till you have tried always save a bit for the famine that like the lads have said does happen but business in the landscaping side does seem to be picking up

the mrs is looking in to theses kids in door play areas with a nursery attached done the costing etc just looking at a catchment area now theses seem to do ok and shes keen but like anything gaz you wont know till you have tried always save a bit for the famine that like the lads have said does happen but business in the landscaping side does seem to be picking up

The soft play areas are expensive to set up, I know, we make mobile ones for the fairgrounds. We don't make vast amounts from it, the materials / labour involved soon mount up.

A friend's wife looked into getting a tumble tots franchise and it's over £20k start up costs! Then there was an annual fee and the soft play equipment was charged extra on hp.

I'm assuming there cheaper ways of going down that route though.

GaZ

If a person has a natural talent for something whether its a skill,a character or a work ethic then they,ll get where they want to be on their own.......if not then why take that risk just stick with a regular wage packet......if you cant be honest with yourself you,ll never work a pound note into proper money and after all who wants a competition over who has the most dirt under their fingernails.....not me.

• Like 2

Buy a cheap van go to France pick up a few immigrants

Charge them whatever the going rate is

Tell them to lie down under a cover in the back and be quite

Then just leave the van in the car park and come back as a foot passenger on the ferry

• Like 3

I started up myself just over a year ago I passed my driving and my boss at the time was due me a few pounds and a window rounds 70 customers in a total mess we just went when we had a day of fencing so I got window round instead of cash which I had planned the whole time think he knew that since I'd already bought a van lol. Best move I've ever made I worked with him mon-Thursday an cleaned windows fri-sat then Sunday as well as it picked up in September last year I said that I was quitting fencing at the new year no matter if I was busy or not ..... Never fenced since November the 5th we'll ahead of target .... 13 months since I've started now and I've 180 regular customers most monthly all worked picked up through word of mouth I turn up regularly, am polite respectful and it helps the competition haven't got that great a name. Saved up money I've made bought a pressure washer And a industrial steam cleaner just as added extras for customers and also sell cleaning supplies. Absolutely love working from myself I'm pretty driven to make money didn't have much when growing up my parents an grandpa installed a work ethic in my that I'll be greatfull for the rest of my life. Nothing pleases me more than going home shattered on a Saturday night passing all the lads in the pub getting into the house and counting at readies which are all mine instead of bursting my arse for someone else

• Like 9

Just reinstalled my disliking for people who dont want money this topic lol. Got an ex mate who at 22 went onto the sick and was fine with it. Paid for his weed n he spent every day on the xbox lol. If anything he should be on the sick for that because it aint normal to want that for a life.

Dads mate spent his whole life in n out of the nick. He had had money not a millionaire or anything but his been comfortable. Lost it all n now his given up on life it seems. Lost all ambition both legal and illegal lol, happy to be on the sick n have the rent paid and a few beers n chips on the weekend.

My mum n me never argue over money we argue about money itself lol. She works her arse off real long hours and dont get much really. Told her id lend her the money to rent a shop near our new area. Saves her traveling and shes a proper people person. Everyone from all walks of life loves that she dont pretend to be anything she aint and dont sugar coat it. Has people traveling to where she works past more local shops just cause shes there for a chat. Xmas she comes home with more gifts than anyone. Anyway she didnt wanna know, told her shell probably earn more money and she replies "i cant miss what i never had". I f***ing hate that line lol you see other people living well so how can you not want it.

Anyway rant over gonna go watch dragons den in bed lol.