My Pure Saluki

How many times I could say this I have heard it before ,most often with deerhound xes and sals pure and some with collie in the make up . Take the advice given by those with hands on experience this animal will come good given time and the right handling maybe no world beater but will come time his the key patience and perseverance in look at it like this she pure fill of wind and maybe stamina to knock lots a rabbis over ,by time yas rear another animal she be ready she seems she will have a bit of self preservation and she could make hell of a rabbit dog on ta lamp .atb bunnys.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sister to yours pal  

Playing with her half brother in the stubbles

far to many dogs been past about these days i recon best if some folk just get a budgi . its plain to me alot of folk just havnt got it with dogs!!.

Posted Images

You've had this dog a few weeks give it a chance !! Plus you said you sold it as never run before ? Any first season dog is going to have good and bad nights it's no different to an apprentice you are the ones who make them a trades man not a metrical !!!! Take your time and maybe change your approach they are all different and listen to people pick the bits you think will work so good knowledge on here ( also so right shit heads ) good luck

You've had this dog a few weeks give it a chance !! Plus you said you sold it as never run before ? Any first season dog is going to have good and bad nights it's no different to an apprentice you are the ones who make them a trades man not a metrical !!!! Take your time and maybe change your approach they are all different and listen to people pick the bits you think will work so good knowledge on here ( also so right shit heads ) good luck

More of the latter than the former on here I would imagine. :yes:

• Like 1

All a would say pal is you sound like a young naive lad u should do the dog and the man who bred it a favor and give him a call asap and open your ears and listen instead of putting all your business all over forums for people to pick at all the best whatever you choose and sure the dog will come good with plenty of time and patience as with them all good luck ;)

Salukis are prity good judges of character maybe she just dont like you. If they have no respect for you they wont do nowt for you. Respect has to be earnt in time. Its not something you can demand.

yeh what about you don't respect the dog,? It works both ways , if it don't do what you want, your never going like it to respect it in the 1st place , we all can kid our selves, but you cant bond to a dog if you don't respect it. If I had a dog and it was calling the shots , and it did only what it wanted and when i.e. game it ran + caught , I never respect it I may as well take me 686 12g and use that , if a dog don't give 100% on quarry what's the point of the dog. in this post , he bought the wrong kind of dog for what he trying to do lamping , he should have used a lurcher what ever the x not a pure saluki :yes:

• Like 1

Completly agree bird but hes just got that dog and knowing saluki's quite well they dont like change and a bond has to be established before anything else happens you know that. You dont get a dog and disrupt everything it knows. Take it out that night and expect it to perform and lets face it not at 10 months old fresh as a daisey. Dont you think hes rushing it abit. Could be wrong but i bet in a experienced home that dog would bust a gut to catch when its mentally matured

• Like 2

Completly agree bird but hes just got that dog and knowing saluki's quite well they dont like change and a bond has to be established before anything else happens you know that. You dont get a dog and disrupt everything it knows. Take it out that night and expect it to perform and lets face it not at 10 months old fresh as a daisey. Dont you think hes rushing it abit. Could be wrong but i bet in a experienced home that dog would bust a gut to catch when its mentally matured

yeh , :thumbs: salukis are very sensitive type dogs, it would have prob worked out better to really get to know the dog, and build on from there true, forget lamping and get to know the deff more so with a breed like a saluki. maybe with a lurcher x of the same age he done better, but even mature dogs need time to settle in a new home , yes time is the word that not been used enough here .