am on my 2nd xtrail now first one was petrol and thirsty so got diesel 20dci now its bob on . loads of room for dogs realy nice to drive and for a tank it cant half shift . as for off road as in fields and dirt roads ok but it wont be any good for 4x4 track days . look on you tube for vids showing off road

Ran one for last 7/8 years, good compromise between on/off road, reliable, economical (diesel) comfortable amd well equipped. Too good for a dog bus IMO lol

Used mine for pulling the quad trailer mainly then missus's motor mostly.

Cheers, D.

very reliable & fair on the diesel, like any off road use ,its down to the tyres , Although not a green laner, it quite adequate for bridal paths , rough stoney roads & of course fields etc with the 2.2 dci, loads of room too...the back box get in the way, take it off & have a straight thru pipe placed on it gives 2"+ more at the back.. with a few spacers it will lift 2" on the body too....giving more space underneath, if needed .

I found mine good off road, i'd not have another, too many common faults and costly ones at that. I had a diesel it was juicy as as hell , brakes , some sealed gearbox thing and hydraulic clutch/ flywheel fails are common too, most panels are plastic? big sunroof is handy for lamping, but I would stay clear

you must of had a bad one ??. good thing about plastic panels at least they dont rust✌️

I found mine good off road, i'd not have another, too many common faults and costly ones at that. I had a diesel it was juicy as as hell , brakes , some sealed gearbox thing and hydraulic clutch/ flywheel fails are common too, most panels are plastic? big sunroof is handy for lamping, but I would stay clear

Friday afternoon car maybe mate, mine never missed a beat and I'm not kind on cars.

Cheers, D.

I will write you an honest review tommorow. Can't be arsed now.

Ok little motor but there's some things to look out for.

I'm sure I will cover all the faults. As the twat I bought has had them :yes:

Whatever guy'sI know about three off them and when I took mine in with seized brakes it was the third x trail in a fortnight with same issue, dytkos and toby you obviously feel a loyalty towards them, crack on they are shit motors in my opinion and maybe they're affordable because of that?

been on spanners for too long to agree with this, seized brakes is usually the sliders, caused by shit servicing, nothing less, modern service schedules are ruled by time allowance with no consideration to what should happen, common faults with the x-trails are brake problems that should not occur IF their seen to properly, pain in the arse to diagnose when a wheel bearing is on the way out due to the style of 4wd system used (get it up in the air wheels free, run it up to speed and get someone under it to listen to each wheel to detect the shagged bearing) and some fueling problems at idle on the older versions, as much as you slag these off i`d rather an x-trail than any version of the crap produced with a land rover badge on it unless I was going seriously off road, the only version I can think of to avoid is the early auto that only came with a petrol engine and drank go juice like a Scottish alco on buckie

• Like 1

I will start with the brakes. Sliders and pistons seizing.

Front anti roll bar system. Get any play on the lower drop links and it wear where it meets the lower arm. Resulting in an expensive replacement.

Ball joints are part of the arm. Non replaceable meaning a new arm.

There are more arms than a spider had legs on the rear suspension assembly.

The strut, shocker and spring assembly had added parts. Namely a cup which sits on top of the spring. It wears and is a nissan only part!!

Shite inter coolers which fail and cause turbo death. Due to shite turbos!!

Window switches. Perticularly in the front, these fail due to water ingress. If you open the window just the slightest when wet. Water drips straight in. And into the switches.

Low ground clearance.

The power steering belt tensioner isn't up to the job and prone to seizing and snapping.

Under the rear wheel arches at the end of the sill is a stupid pocket where shite accumulates.

So after most of this stuff has been sorted or looked at. It's not a bad motor.

Nice ride. Can shift when you ask it to. Fairly spacious boot. Reasonable off road (bearing in mind the ground clearance and the right tyres).

But after all it is only a soft roader!!

ive also heard people have problems with the dpf filter on early models and they may drive them like old women ??that causes the filter to be semi blocked . ive had no issuse with mine . if its serviced right there a good motor

• Like 2