Goshawk Rabbiting

jasper65

great looking gos there tony, ive had a great day today flying over ferrets with four mates and two other birds, im amazed how easy it is to get permission when you've got a bird instead of a lurcher,

fireworks should get banned to public sale, should be organized,not just for sake of our birds but other animals suffer too,

it wont belong when they say ban it as its too brittish! :laugh:

:thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony...good to see the spark is back even if it is only bunny bashing matey :-)

Fireworks need banning.....with our health and safty law I am still shocked they allow shopd to sell explosives....Hope the Gos turns a corner soon to a full recovery bud

Its not the Bunnies I'll be after mate when I get some fitness into her after she had a few Mishaps!! The idea of the post was to show how even a seriousley Unfit Gos can take Rabbits no probs, a nice easy day on the bunnies can be a good crack!! mind you I have seen a couple of pretty shit Imprints flown well over weight that couldn't manage it in the past by lads who like to talk about their birds alot :yes: . Don't forget Kevin I live in a place where Gamebirds are on my doorstep and plentyfull so this will be the main quarry, I flew gamebirds hard with Goshawks from the earley 90's so why not again hey, Mind you I can't see me doing it 6 days a week like back then! I was alot fitter with alot less responsibilties back then. there's alot of things take priority these days :headshot::.

I have tried to negotiate with this Guy who likes his fireworks in the past but it hasn't worked! but my day will come mate sooner rather than later

Cheers

Jasper

She's the P/R female you and Molly saw being Reared a few months back! the mother is a Hungarian female belonging to Chris Soans which I banged Finn semen into, if you listen to alot of people they'll tell you that the Hungarian birds are a bit arsey! its fair to say they a bit Foisty but 99% of the time its bollox if you put the time in. the Mother you saw although Imprinted had a lovelly temperament and pretty Gamey! she was well documented taking Hares and plenty of Game around 2lb 3oz's. this female is now at 2lb 6 and no way has hardly any fittness in her so I expect her to go up slightly, having said that she also has a cracking temperament and good and responsive to the fist.

Before she got concussed she was also pretty Gamey and Harassed and flew the back of a Muntjack through the woods which was Interesting to watch but you could see it was all enquisitivness of a first year bird, a day or so after that I accidently took her over a conservation area where there is a large pit normally holding alot of ducks :angel:, unfortunatley when I popped my head over the bank there wasn't any but a good few canadian Geese on the oposite side, she wanted them mate and was Hooded to stop her Bateing at them! on another day when she's had a few more head there'll be no holding her back :victory:.....

I just heard from Timmy and Andy Reeve who have been out flying!! apparantly Andy's bird flew down a good strong hen bird flushed well ahead and rolled it out the the Air a good 50ft up and a couple of Hundred yards away! it had to happen the day I couldn't be arsed to go :doh:...

I'll see you soon mate for a day out with the birds, a night out with the gun and Lamp!! and a evening in the pub :drink:....

Cheers

Jasper

she's a cracker mate :clapper:

i'll pop over in 2 weeks, with the birds for the day ,if your not busy,

bash a few

speak to you soon will

Nice One Mate :victory:. After xmas sometime would be better for me Will!! I'll pack up in December, Ground the bird over the xmas Period and take her up again in the new year to finish the season off.

Took her over the Landfill site today with after some persuation from a mate in the area!! it was a cracking day with the weather and she was nice and keen, she had a cracking slip of the top of one of the pits from 80ft up, my mate pushed out a Hare from the pature below which was flat out on its bike straight down one of the sandy tracks leading into the site, she powered down the slope flat out and had to make alot of ground up but she did and slammed into it way down the path Binding to its arse, the pair rolled over and she lost it, looking back at it she hit it way to Hard and and seemed to lose her footing due to her speed, its one of the first times I have seen a Gos power flat out down a steep ravine but it was worth it.

She finally later in the afternoon bound to a Canada Goose on the bank and was plopped into the water! luckily the guy I was with had the balls to get in the water and pull her out as she was rowing completly the wrong way to the centre of the lake, the day finished with me giving her a blow dry with the Hairdryer :thumbs:, I'll get some pic's off his Mobile as soon as possible...

Cheers

Jasper

Guest shaheen

Glad your doing well with her mate :thumbs: ,have you got the footage of that Finnish tiercel on that Woodcock yet?

Ive got a chap i know from Wisbech bringing his Finn/German tiercel up in the morning for some flights at Partridge so should be interesting!

Chat soon

Shaheen

Glad your doing well with her mate :thumbs: ,have you got the footage of that Finnish tiercel on that Woodcock yet?

Ive got a chap i know from Wisbech bringing his Finn/German tiercel up in the morning for some flights at Partridge so should be interesting!

Chat soon

Shaheen

No Richard I havn't! I'm not the sort of guy who puts the birds first anymore so I'll stick it up when Timmy comes down next. whats the panic?

You should enjoy yourself tomorrow with the Finn x German Gos!! at last you're getting out with a real bird and not a Lancaster Bomber :yes:...

Jasper

she's a cracker mate :clapper:

i'll pop over in 2 weeks, with the birds for the day ,if your not busy,

bash a few

speak to you soon will

Nice One Mate :victory:. After xmas sometime would be better for me Will!! I'll pack up in December, Ground the bird over the xmas Period and take her up again in the new year to finish the season off.

Took her over the Landfill site today with after some persuation from a mate in the area!! it was a cracking day with the weather and she was nice and keen, she had a cracking slip of the top of one of the pits from 80ft up, my mate pushed out a Hare from the pature below which was flat out on its bike straight down one of the sandy tracks leading into the site, she powered down the slope flat out and had to make alot of ground up but she did and slammed into it way down the path Binding to its arse, the pair rolled over and she lost it, looking back at it she hit it way to Hard and and seemed to lose her footing due to her speed, its one of the first times I have seen a Gos power flat out down a steep ravine but it was worth it.

She finally later in the afternoon bound to a Canada Goose on the bank and was plopped into the water! luckily the guy I was with had the balls to get in the water and pull her out as she was rowing completly the wrong way to the centre of the lake, the day finished with me giving her a blow dry with the Hairdryer :thumbs:, I'll get some pic's off his Mobile as soon as possible...

Cheers

Jasper

not a problem,look forward to it .she's a nutter that gos ,she will suit me to the ground, speak to you soon will

not a problem,look forward to it .she's a nutter that gos ,she will suit me to the ground, speak to you soon will

I know Will she's very Gamey! some people who come out with her think its cause she's a bit too keen but she's just a young Gos going through her chase anything stage :thumbs:, I must admit I have had a few that needs switching on and a bit slow on the uptake, but she's just a nice Natured bird that going to come unstuck if she keeps taking on the big boys, hopefully she has learned from the lessons today :yes:...

ATB

Jasper

Yeah but i like that Lancaster Bomber :doh:

Nothing wrong with Lancaster Bombers when you get out and fly them :doh:. Its Horses for Courses Rich and whatever rocks your boat! but when in a area where there is plenty of game a Gos or Harris can take without over taxing itself! why would I want to consider a Eagle? if on the other hand I had Deer running round the fields like Rabbits I might consider one but even then I think I would take up a gun....

flying quarry upto the size of a Hares with a Goldie is overkill, I couldn't warrant one as I simply wouldn't get enough slips on Deer in the area, But if you think it improves the size of your willy thats fine :angel:....

Guest shaheen

My main interest in Eagle falcconry is not the ego/size thing. Its not that I have the most expensive bird at a field meet. My interest is in the relationship with the bird and its eminent suitability to a specific quarry (i.e. the hare). There are far too many norrow minded individuals out there that as soon as an eagle is mentioned start the knocking! The normal beef being that their bird can take hares. Yes it may well be able to take a few at a stint or the odd one now and again. It will not however be in a great shape after a seasons hawking . The poor thing will have broken feathers and possibly a few injuries to boot. The eagle however will sail thrugfh this type of treatment with nothing more than the odd tip missing if that.

So i know wheres its going so chow.

My main interest in Eagle falcconry is not the ego/size thing. Its not that I have the most expensive bird at a field meet. My interest is in the relationship with the bird and its eminent suitability to a specific quarry (i.e. the hare). There are far too many norrow minded individuals out there that as soon as an eagle is mentioned start the knocking! The normal beef being that their bird can take hares. Yes it may well be able to take a few at a stint or the odd one now and again. It will not however be in a great shape after a seasons hawking . The poor thing will have broken feathers and possibly a few injuries to boot. The eagle however will sail thrugfh this type of treatment with nothing more than the odd tip missing if that.

So i know wheres its going so chow.

Narrow Minded :doh:. Mate you've just showed your total Inexperience in the game! Its all about technique and a bird thats Mastered it deals with it, Sounds like you're out of your depth yet again...