Beggers On The Streets

Go to solution Solved by richie1984,

I never give to them these days.

There are enough state funded things available to people who are genuinely having a bad run of it that I don't feel the need to help someone who basically chooses that way of life

Edited to add: if you went up to them and offered them full time manual work and lodgings most would tell you to f**k off IMO

• Like 2

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always give them money, if they want to go spend it on drugs or booze that's up to them. Even give them a bit of green if I've got some on me.   I know I'd want something to help block it out if I w

Seen a paki looking man with a big round growth on his hand sitting in town begging as i walked past and he looks at me and says please please!! holding a cardboard cup the way he looked at me though

Only a jock would ask for something back in return from a begger !! Lol lol

Know what Slippery-Weasel. You are the next best thing out of Masham. It is going to be a pleasure meeting you. Speak as you feel. These barstuards do not deserve anything. Get back where you belong.

• Like 1

Given them befor but not now...saw one sitting out side a shut down shop with old blanket rapped round him with just his face popping out looked like he'd been there days..I gave him acouple quid and walked off to carry on my shopping with the wife....I then walked back down the same street to watch him get up roll his blanket up pop it in a bag then wonder off in to an off-licence and came out with aload cans......then wonders off up stree... I also saw one with a dog once so I bought him some grub and evern got a tin of dog food for the mutt.....but not now I have 3 kids to feed and clothe and look after all my pennies go on them...

On my way home and sisters rang me asking what time mum finishes work. New job so told her i aint sure. Get in and sisters there with her best mate n her old man. Long story short he asks to stay the night. I like my own company so bit annoying as itll mean false conversations n chit chat over my dinner. Anyway f**k me i didnt even finish my dinner. Blokes sitting there talking about crimesnhis upto -_- bores the tits off me. Even tried to give him a hint and he is either too thick or thinks his imoressing people. My new hate is never has beens. Nothing worse than unintelligent old crimes talking bollocks. In your late 40s and having to kip on my sofa ffs shut up n eat your dinner. Shocked my sisters best mates dad is like that as shes well spoken and presented type thing. She aint ever shown up at my house with a staff bred in a peckham kitchen called gucci put it that way. Anyway rant over but yeah if your old n washed up just accept it rather than talking like a jack the lad.

On my way home and sisters rang me asking what time mum finishes work. New job so told her i aint sure. Get in and sisters there with her best mate n her old man. Long story short he asks to stay the night. I like my own company so bit annoying as itll mean false conversations n chit chat over my dinner. Anyway f**k me i didnt even finish my dinner. Blokes sitting there talking about crimesnhis upto -_- bores the tits off me. Even tried to give him a hint and he is either too thick or thinks his imoressing people. My new hate is never has beens. Nothing worse than unintelligent old crimes talking bollocks. In your late 40s and having to kip on my sofa ffs shut up n eat your dinner. Shocked my sisters best mates dad is like that as shes well spoken and presented type thing. She aint ever shown up at my house with a staff bred in a peckham kitchen called gucci put it that way. Anyway rant over but yeah if your old n washed up just accept it rather than talking like a jack the lad.

I used to work as a store detective,and you'd be amazed at the amount of smelly,diseased tramps that are actually well connected gangsters that could make you disappear for good with 1 phone call.

Edited by neems

Just ignore them, let the street dogs piss on them when laying phished or high. The foreigners need a good booting

you sound like a fecking prick a proper knob maybe one day the tables will turn and you will be in that place i hope then you will see for your self and how do you know some arent say ex service men that hve fought in wars or someone that held a job of power were the pressure was to much and or have you ever lived with someone with a addiction lenm end of the day thats somesones kid

Edited by blackmaggie
  • Like 2

There's some pretty harsh opinions on here which in some ways I can understand. The trouble is you can't tell who is genuine and who isn't.

As an example, about 18 years ago I was working in London 5 days a week and staying in Earls Court in digs. There was a girl about the same age as my daughter that I used to see every morning and every evening on her pitch, a cheap prostitute that I basically ignored at first.

She always said hello when I came out of the hotel but I usually ignored her. One morning when our lift was late I spoke to her briefly just passing the time of day, she scrounged a roll up from me and smiled for once. That evening she was outside the pub we were using regularly so I had another chat and gave her a few fags. We got used to her being around and often bought her a roll or a burger or just a coffee.

I didn't see her for a few weeks and then when she did turn up she looked terrible, thin and dirty, obviously in trouble. This was at 6 in the morning in winter and she was sat on the ground by our digs in little more than a summer dress. Ok, softie I may be but I got her coffee and a bacon roll which she tried to eat but couldn't keep down. I and one of my mates took the day off work, we got her into the digs and plonked her in a bath to get warm and clean and put her to bed for the day. She was like a lost child. We got her some jeans, shirts and a jacket, fed her and looked after her for that week, paid for a bed for her and eventually she told us some of her background. Middle class parents, she did well at school but a family break up left her isolated from her dad. Eventually she picked up with an older bloke who left her when she got pregnant. Family disowned her so she left rural Oxfordshire to come to London. The rest is inevitable, she ended up with a bloke who introduced her to drugs and the prostitution, got lower and lower until she was struggling to get £10 a trick which went straight on heroin.

Then I had 3 weeks working North and Scotland, a nice change? Yes it was, but when I got back to Earls Court I went looking for the girl, not in her usual haunts. She hadn't got out, she wasn't capable and didn't have the chance. She was dead from a deliberate overdose. Sheer desperation and loneliness and lack of care made a young girl end her life. Should I have left her to fend for herself in the first place? Should I have kept my money in my pocket and ignored her?

I think I should have done more and regret that I didn't, I look at my daughter and think "there but for the grace of God go you" and I remember that poor kid.

The authorities will never pick up and help the lost souls so it's down to ordinary people but the big question is how the hell do we tell the genuinely needy from the scroungers and shysters who need kicking into touch? Let your conscience guide you but ignore the problem and sooner or later you will feel guilty for doing nothing.

That's a fecking heartbreaking tale pal. You can't beat yourself up over the ones you can't help, just do what you can :yes: I'm sure what you did for her, treating her like a human being would of meant the world to her :thumbs:

• Like 4

There's some pretty harsh opinions on here which in some ways I can understand. The trouble is you can't tell who is genuine and who isn't.

As an example, about 18 years ago I was working in London 5 days a week and staying in Earls Court in digs. There was a girl about the same age as my daughter that I used to see every morning and every evening on her pitch, a cheap prostitute that I basically ignored at first.

She always said hello when I came out of the hotel but I usually ignored her. One morning when our lift was late I spoke to her briefly just passing the time of day, she scrounged a roll up from me and smiled for once. That evening she was outside the pub we were using regularly so I had another chat and gave her a few fags. We got used to her being around and often bought her a roll or a burger or just a coffee.

I didn't see her for a few weeks and then when she did turn up she looked terrible, thin and dirty, obviously in trouble. This was at 6 in the morning in winter and she was sat on the ground by our digs in little more than a summer dress. Ok, softie I may be but I got her coffee and a bacon roll which she tried to eat but couldn't keep down. I and one of my mates took the day off work, we got her into the digs and plonked her in a bath to get warm and clean and put her to bed for the day. She was like a lost child. We got her some jeans, shirts and a jacket, fed her and looked after her for that week, paid for a bed for her and eventually she told us some of her background. Middle class parents, she did well at school but a family break up left her isolated from her dad. Eventually she picked up with an older bloke who left her when she got pregnant. Family disowned her so she left rural Oxfordshire to come to London. The rest is inevitable, she ended up with a bloke who introduced her to drugs and the prostitution, got lower and lower until she was struggling to get £10 a trick which went straight on heroin.

Then I had 3 weeks working North and Scotland, a nice change? Yes it was, but when I got back to Earls Court I went looking for the girl, not in her usual haunts. She hadn't got out, she wasn't capable and didn't have the chance. She was dead from a deliberate overdose. Sheer desperation and loneliness and lack of care made a young girl end her life. Should I have left her to fend for herself in the first place? Should I have kept my money in my pocket and ignored her?

I think I should have done more and regret that I didn't, I look at my daughter and think "there but for the grace of God go you" and I remember that poor kid.

The authorities will never pick up and help the lost souls so it's down to ordinary people but the big question is how the hell do we tell the genuinely needy from the scroungers and shysters who need kicking into touch? Let your conscience guide you but ignore the problem and sooner or later you will feel guilty for doing nothing.

Nice one Timmy and you should feel no guilt as you did what you could when you could and from a man whos been there a od seems a easy option at times and in fact the only option this poor lass could see,bless her and bless you mate and to others who maybe do have someone they know out there under this cloud,,,,,please ffs don't give up on them as hand on heart it was loved ones that made me come back from that dead world,as at the time i didn't think i was worth it..

• Like 6

Right woke up sobber lol. Dunno if my post made much sense but stuck it on here cause the blokes giving it all the bollocks yet his homeless. Nothing wrong with being down on your luck and if i know you my sofas always there. Just his the type of person who id never mix with and abit annoying. Like he doesnt talk about anything else even when hinted and even told that we dont need to know. The blokes no big time or anything just a loud mouth petty criminal. Find the whole thing pathetic though and sure he thinks its impressive. Makes me glad my old man is nothing like that. Anyway his gonna be gone by sunday thank god. Not a horrible bloke but were just really nothing alike in any way n he does my nut in lol.