Countryside Alliance

I've just noticed the mad human types are trying to ban hare coursing in Ireland? I wonder what there main body will do to stop it? The countryside alliance and whatever it was called before have done nothing to protect our way of life , as a worker of terriers it distanced itself from people like me . Can you ever remember an add on TV for us , ever read anything in a newspaper ie advert for pro hunting ? These people you would hope are highly educated and well connected ? I've never been pressured into giving cash over to help our cause, yet our opposition have practically robbed people to get cash to help the banning , they should hang there heads in shame, aswell as losing the right to control animals with hunting dogs, we are now the new hated , I now know how black people and gays felt . Even as a minority we have no rights and are hated all over , where's the alliances balls ....well chopped off . I hope the Irish have some fight . These cheeky animal rights txxxxxs have no right to ban anything , and we've let them

Congratulations, so far two pages of in-fighting among hunters.

What's the goal ? Ten pages ?

Haha...two pages of in-fighting amongst hunters? Hardly news on the THL is it? Haha......

• Like 1

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it’s any help in clarifying what support (or otherwise) terrierwork has ever received from the Countryside Alliance….   It’s been said elsewhere on this thread that “If it wasn't for the NWTF al

All these big "field sports groups" are wankers to a man.......if it don't involve a gun or a hound pack then you can f**k off !!   And dont anyone mention fishing either cause 99% of fishermen woul

Can you really blame the Countryside Alliance? Look at the French Hunting thread to see people who work terriers give the boy stick because its not "their" type of hunting.   You either support the

Posted Images

The way I look at it; If you're not in the CA then you have absolutely no right to complain about them.

These threads serve no purpose at all.

The CA IS on our side, of course it is. And I'm sure if someone wanted to send in an article about hunting rabbits or rats then they would publish it. Also, they support terrierwork, and, believe me, they are fighting to keep it. You have only got to look at the last amendment that was pulled due to the SNP backtracking. In that terrierwork had two amendments that would have helped all working terriermen out. That's right, terrierwork legislation was being tweeked in our FAVOUR.

:victory: :victory: :victory: :victory:

AND, having reviewed court cases etc for the past couple of years, I really do think that the CA has the best legal team available for terriermen.

You have to be realistic, the CA cannot wave a magic wand.......they can only try their best.

• Like 2

I'm not here to fight the CA's corner but nine times out of ten the people moaning and complaining about them don't pay membership and never have. If the majority of the paying members were into coursing, lamping, rabbiting, fishing etc etc then they'd have to put more into it it's a simple case of giving the paying members what they want surely?.

Can't agree mate, I have paid subscription to all of these people over the years, CA, BASC you name it.....all I ever see in the magazines are what's described above along with the old chestnut of "we are working with police to clamp down on poachers" !!

You f***ing what ??!!!.......the vast majority of these so called poachers are just ordinary lads (most likely subscription payers) just working their dogs.

These groups should not be supporting the police at all !!!.......they should be saying "f**k off, you took these people's rights away and we support them all the way!!

That's what a group working FOR it's members does !

• Like 4

That's fair comment WILF if you've paid then you are entitled to your opinion.

But so often people moaning have never paid a sub and when you delve a bit deeper in actual fact what they want is a right to helm around the countryside in a Scooby driving over crops and releasing two hundred alaunts on every field mouse that lives

• Like 2

The way I look at it; If you're not in the CA then you have absolutely no right to complain about them.

The CA IS on our side, of course it is. And I'm sure if someone wanted to send in an article about hunting rabbits or rats then they would publish it. Also, they support terrierwork, and, believe me, they are fighting to keep it. You have only got to look at the last amendment that was pulled due to the SNP backtracking. In that terrierwork had two amendments that would have helped all working terriermen out. That's right, terrierwork legislation was being tweeked in our FAVOUR.

AND, having reviewed court cases etc for the past couple of years, I really do think that the CA has the best legal team available for terriermen.

You have to be realistic, the CA cannot wave a magic wand.......they can only try their best.

I dont get that J...

So people can complain if they have paid there subs??

They were protecting hunt terrier men at high profile hunts.

The overall admednent is to push for more hounds and more reasons to be out hunting.

It's still be the same argument CA don't publish or invest in lurcher work or terrier work to my knowledge..

Their Web page has information and links for everything but lurcher & terrier work.

I've contacted them on multiple occasion and had no response..

I contacted them regarding their insurance and working with in the current laws..

They never wanted to know..

They never wanted to know when it was the 10th anniversary of the last Waterloo cup.

If they were to work with these lads in these areas and be seen actively working with a shared goal they could significantly add to the ranks..

Its them who have made the devide..

I am not anti CA but they could be seen to do more..

If the CA produce the goods I'd gladly help with money and my own time..

• Like 6

As I stated earlier we are where we are because of British politics ,it has become a powerful weapon for certain party's they in turn manipulate the tabloids to there own end who then turn out the sleazy journalism we read all too often labelling us as sadistic barbarians .let's not forget the rspca were once in agreement that hunting with hounds was the a humane form of Fox control it was money and political weight that influenced them to change their outlook.bovine Tb costs this country billions of pound if common sense prevailed badgers as in other European union's would be kept at an acceptable level by licensed terrierman,it wasn't centuries ago that a passing motorist would blow his horn and wave at a party of people badger digging adjacent to a highway women in Sunday dress children picnic baskets commonplace in the west country did they look like barbarians sadists no they didn't they were normal descent folk carrying out a necessary service for the farmers.what's changed? british politics and the sleazy tabloids and until the British public demand they clean their act up and stamp out all the corruption we will live in an unfair society.

• Like 6

I dont get that J...

So people can complain if they have paid there subs??

They were protecting hunt terrier men at high profile hunts.

The overall admednent is to push for more hounds and more reasons to be out hunting.

It's still be the same argument CA don't publish or invest in lurcher work or terrier work to my knowledge..

Their Web page has information and links for everything but lurcher & terrier work.

I've contacted them on multiple occasion and had no response..

I contacted them regarding their insurance and working with in the current laws..

They never wanted to know..

They never wanted to know when it was the 10th anniversary of the last Waterloo cup.

If they were to work with these lads in these areas and be seen actively working with a shared goal they could significantly add to the ranks..

Its them who have made the devide..

I am not anti CA but they could be seen to do more..

If the CA produce the goods I'd gladly help with money and my own time..

You've got some valid points there Giro, and I'm afraid I don't have the answers mate. :victory:

• Like 1

But so often people moaning have never paid a sub and when you delve a bit deeper in actual fact what they want is a right to helm around the countryside in a Scooby driving over crops and releasing two hundred alaunts on every field mouse that lives

As you know mate, I have pals in hunt service, my brother in law is a whip with mink hounds, other good pals are regular out with the hunt and I have been to a good few days myself.

I have never experienced a "them and us" attitude actually out with the field......you will see millionaires mixing with bricklayers and chatting like the old friends they probably are.

Even with my accent I never had a problem talking to anyone !! Lol

It's these proxy organisations that are a crock of shit......to shit scared of offending someone to actually just stick up for the members.

It's a malady in this country, trying to tread carefully round the governments that abuse us......we need less of this trying to "work with" and more "lines in the sand"

I can't imagine the NRA working "with" government to try and control guns....they just say "NO!" And rightfully so IMHO

• Like 2

I'm not here to fight the CA's corner but nine times out of ten the people moaning and complaining about them don't pay membership and never have. If the majority of the paying members were into coursing, lamping, rabbiting, fishing etc etc then they'd have to put more into it it's a simple case of giving the paying members what they want surely?.

Can't agree mate, I have paid subscription to all of these people over the years, CA, BASC you name it.....all I ever see in the magazines are what's described above along with the old chestnut of "we are working with police to clamp down on poachers" !!

You f***ing what ??!!!.......the vast majority of these so called poachers are just ordinary lads (most likely subscription payers) just working their dogs.

These groups should not be supporting the police at all !!!.......they should be saying "f**k off, you took these people's rights away and we support them all the way!!

That's what a group working FOR it's members does !

exactly, it looks like everybody who hunts is a criminal and it's wrong, they should stick 2 fingers up at the police and tell them to do one. Peoples very right it walk with dogs in the countryside is at risk. What the police really want is for the public to do they're jobs for them

The thing that pisses me off is IF the LACS have 5000 members that pay £2 a month and the CA have 100,000 members that pay £4 a month how do the the antis shout louder than the CA and what the F*** happens to all that cash? We could just do what they did pay a million to the conservatives instead of Labour to use the parliment act, because its certainly not being put into campaigning for the hunters that don't ride horses, my numbers may not be bang on and i don't know whats going on behind the scenes, this is just a laymans point of view :huh: which is why i wont pay them for the right to an opinion.

Edited by MickyB
  • Like 7

As you know mate, I have pals in hunt service, my brother in law is a whip with mink hounds, other good pals are regular out with the hunt and I have been to a good few days myself.

I have never experienced a "them and us" attitude actually out with the field......you will see millionaires mixing with bricklayers and chatting like the old friends they probably are.

Even with my accent I never had a problem talking to anyone !! Lol

It's these proxy organisations that are a crock of shit......to shit scared of offending someone to actually just stick up for the members.

It's a malady in this country, trying to tread carefully round the governments that abuse us......we need less of this trying to "work with" and more "lines in the sand"

I can't imagine the NRA working "with" government to try and control guns....they just say "NO!" And rightfully so IMHO

I'm pretty sure you don't have any pals in hunt service just complete tools and I never realised you had an accent is it Geordie?

• Like 1

Can you really blame the Countryside Alliance? Look at the French Hunting thread to see people who work terriers give the boy stick because its not "their" type of hunting.

You either support the use of dogs or you don't. So called terrier men abusing a man doing a legitimate sport are worse than any Anti's in my opinion.

• Like 8

I have friends who are keepers and I know this gos on, so don't think that I don't sympathise mate because I do........however, keepers V Poachers is as old as keepers estates themselves so that's nothing new or special really is it.

• Like 1