pup

Guest CharlieC

I dont, I work them right through :icon_redface: I work bitches lightly up until around 5 weeks mated as well and have never had any problems. Sometimes if a bitch is in season they wont run as well as normal, but they can still lamp/ferret etc and I have never kept a bitch in cos she was on the break, mine go nuts if they arent out every day doing something even if its only a few chases :D

whether a bitch is mated or not her body takes on changes as she comes into season ... her pelvis alters her hips slightly widen her muscles on her hind quarters slightly depleet and slacken etc etc etc .... all this is in readyness for the birth of her pups ... when she comes out of season and her body knows she hasnt been mated all these things will return to normall .... all dogs especially lurchers (due to the differing breeds in the make up) will be back to normal at different times .... i would run a dog untill you can see she is not herself then i would give light exercise daily untill you see her coming back to her full glory .... you know your dog so you must be sensible and put the bitch first ............

It's good to work the bitch through her season because it keeps the blood flowing and cleans her out.

Careful 2-3 months after though, as that is when the body changes, makes milk etc. and anyway they are right cowbags then :11: .