Decent Chainsaw "20 +

hi all, im after a decentish chainsaw with a 20"+ bar to try milling some timber for my parents. They moved in to a new house yesterday with a bit of land and a fair few trees, there 2 medium sized oaks that look like they have been dead a couple of years, and they need some new gates making for the front of the drive so I thought "why not have a crack at that" also my nephew wants a tree house :laugh: so yeah I can build a chainsaw mill no problem but my cheapo saws fooked so I need a new one if anybody has anything half decent sitting around doing nowt? north lancs/ cumbria? but willing to travel.

cheers

That one in link looks similar to the one a got off eBay for £40 brand new (shipped from Germany)and it's made back its money over n over. I only got it when I moved as there was a very old dead Apple tree and a big old elderberry tree in the garden. And next door asks me to cut a 30ft high willow tree down for her as she was old and couldn't maintain it any longer. All the wood was sold on from the apple and elderberry trees

Husky 372 xp any thing over 60cc with. Ripping chain and you should be ok...IMO the 372 is one of the best saws ever made

use one every day in work wih a 20' bar, awesome bit of kit also have a 24' bar to knock anything big over...
  • Like 1

I can see tears!!

Get your hand in your pocket and leave the cheap shite in china.

Whatever you buy. Just make sure you section your logs right for your gate posts.

Seasoned or not. If you don't quarter or half your post out of the length it could split and twist :thumbs: