My staff has bad ears always blocked and itchy had him to the vets loads but they dont seem interested. Anyone recommend anything?

Use warm not hot olive oil. Dont use extra virgin olive oil. If you have a barrel of a syringe, draw some olive oil into it. Place it standing up in a cup of hot water from the kettle. As it heats up put a drop from the barrel on the back of you hand. You only want it warm. I use a barrel that measures up to 10ml. Put the barrel close to the eare so you can put some oil in the dogs ear.Gently squeeze the barrel dont just squirt it in.Put the oil in slowly. Dont let the dog move for a couple of mins if you can and repeat in other ear. Only put say a couple of mls you dont need the oil over flowing from his ear. Do this 2 to 3 times a day. The warm oil will soften things up and as the dog is lieing down and that as the oil is working its way out of the ear it will draw out what might be blocking the ear. If there is a lot of hair in the dogs ear pluck it out aswell. Those Glenns are waggons for having hair growing in there ears.Im for ever plucking it out of there ears. The hair can act like a magnet for wax and that to stick to it. I cant see inside your dogs ear to see whats going on. What Ive suggested wont harm your dog but it will help clean it out of at least wax and dirt. Let us know how you get on if you try it

• Like 2

Clean out the ears (gently!), use thornit once a week until the problem is gone then once a month. Don't feed corn/maize/wheat - rice and potato are better carb sources if you feel the dog needs them. Add 1/4 cup of Kefir to the dogs food twice a day for a month (can be got in Tesco in the fridge bit with the Polish stuff for about a £1 a bottle) - its a fermented milk a bit like butter milk but has an unusual form of yeast in it which can be useful in getting rid of the candida yeast most dogs have in their ears where they're itchy. Cheap too.

• Like 1

Canaural eardrops, you'll need a vet prescription or use advocate, it treats ear mites, worms, ticks and all sorts of shit.

I buy the bigger tubes and split it between smaller dogs, it's cheap when you take into account it's treating worms, ears and ticks.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...