Wheaton

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing they bring to the table that other more common bushing breed might lack is grit and gameness, two things I don't really see the need for in a bushing pack?   Everyone trying to reinv

Perfect if your chosen quarry is other dogs   Seriously a Wheaton in a hyped up state flushing quarry to other dogs is an accident waiting to happen. They can seem fine for ages and then suddenly f

anyone would think we were talking about a tiger

Is there anyone using a wheaton for bushing, the reason I'm asking is that I've started taking mine out and she's doing good, I know people are going to say there are better breeds suited to the task and that the wheaton is for another role I'm just interested if there anyone using one thanks in advance tony

Id never discount any dog as a bushing and hunting companion,they will all find their level,yet id never be content with the level some are suited to,Wheatons are about the level id not wish to hunt at.

You'd have to know the dog as an individual,but even then if the wheaton decides it wants the rabbit it flushed but the lurcher caught there could be trouble.

even among terriers there's likely to be at least a small kick off at some point,I wouldn't want a bull breed or wheaton in the mix when that happens.

More trouble than it's worth imo.

Dog aggression can be broken in most breeds because you can read the signs early shaping up,pulling on lead towards other dogs etc. but not wheatens sneaky cnuts dont show aggression they will waltz up to another dog calm as you like sneak in behind them tuck in their chin, wiggle their tail then nail dog by the top of head and the damage is done before you can blink. A big dog will last a minute or 2 you might have time to break them a small one dead in seconds.

Them glenns can be the same.

any dog could do that.........

I wouldn't want a Wheaton,pitbull or even a staff in thick cover with my lurcher trying to catch a rabbit.

arguments do happen,surely you've all seen that?

I think some breeds are much more likely to get involved and cause more damage when it does.

• Like 1
Guest foxpack

Seen a Wheaton x pull a fox out of an earth liike a cork out of a bottle.screwed it in seconds..then half killed a hound .then proceed to try rip the head of a terrier..was a full blown nasty c**t.