Wheaton

Is there anyone using a wheaton for bushing, the reason I'm asking is that I've started taking mine out and she's doing good, I know people are going to say there are better breeds suited to the task and that the wheaton is for another role I'm just interested if there anyone using one thanks in advance tony

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only thing they bring to the table that other more common bushing breed might lack is grit and gameness, two things I don't really see the need for in a bushing pack?   Everyone trying to reinv

Perfect if your chosen quarry is other dogs   Seriously a Wheaton in a hyped up state flushing quarry to other dogs is an accident waiting to happen. They can seem fine for ages and then suddenly f

anyone would think we were talking about a tiger

Perfect if your chosen quarry is other dogs :laugh:

Seriously a Wheaton in a hyped up state flushing quarry to other dogs is an accident waiting to happen. They can seem fine for ages and then suddenly flip and you don't want your prized running dog in their way when it happens :no:

• Like 6

Is this a well bred Wheaton 2504... Or is it from say a little bit less of a working background.....that's not a diss at you by the way I'm just saying as there's been Wheatons sold on which aren't realy the full package so to speak as 99 % of the time a well bred Wheaton running around with other dogs in a hyper state will end in tears....

I've not had her from a pup but I've had her about 9 months I've seen no dog aggression so far

Not being funny pal but I reckon that's what every Wheaton owner has said at some point, usually just before their dog sinks it's teeth into the nearest dog :laugh:

If you're happy with how it works then crack on, just be really aware of the risks involved :thumbs:

• Like 3

The bitch is a working wheaton,

From working lines,

Well I'd keep a close eye on it and only work it with your other own dog for a while that way if it does sink in to another dog its your own and will avoid some dog walker sticking a story up in the paper.....I think there was a lad in Ireland who worked his Wheaton with terrier and also for bushing with lurchers so it can be done....atb and good luck