Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

21 minutes ago, jetro said:

Don't know if you can get them in the same weight category. 

Also a game apbt that's been toned for the game is some animal. 

Although I did see a gsd trash a apbt years ago, and it wasn't the couch potato type either.  But the gsd had the advantage in weight and hight. 

I had a staff that flaked a Alaskan malamute. It was at least twice the size of the staff. 

Atb j 

I meant if facing another of its own type. ?

This is the bitch I was taking about. 

Screenshot_20200703_210948.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

I meant if facing another of its own type. ?

This is the bitch I was taking about. 

Screenshot_20200703_210948.jpg

Sorry, I took you up wrong, my fault. 

Gsd won't back down that easily, and would finish another if they can. I suppose, like every thing else it would depend on the dog.

That's a good strong looking bitch, had a dog look just like her. 

Atb j 

54 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Would they be found wanting if matched proper. 

What? The bulldogs or LGD's? 

I've seen the Ovcharka's go 30 mins + which is very impressive for a dog of that size. 

Like I said though they can kill a smaller dog in short order but that's to be expected when it can out weigh one by 100lb or more. 

The Russians use them for matching but of  course they can't hold a candle P4P. 

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1

Funny ol topic this ?....im not much of a book reader so wont be able to converse with a few of the historians but just to relate a few of my own experiences on a couple of points thats cropped up....regards the American Bulldog i came close to investing a few quid with a northerner i knew back in the 90,s in a little venture to bring dogs over but couldnt bring myself to do it in the end he had made contact with all the names mentioned on this thread and the deal was on the table to bring something like 7 or 8 dogs and a litter of puppies off Alan Scotts yard i saw them in quarantine and cant say i was all that struck on them,apparently Scott was an old plantation man and had dogs running round the place literally killing each other as they had a lot of pit bull bred into them but it turned out only a few of them had actually come off his yard the litter of pups were Johnson dogs...im told they all went into pet and guard homes as the next fashion trend began.

Mention was made of the Redboy dogs earlier in the thread and i had the privilege of conditioning a few of them years ago i had been around a lot of the dogs popular on these shores and got what i thought was top condition out of them but the first Redboy dog i experienced really opened my eyes... she was owned by lads i knew on the continent who also owned a dog named Bud who was at the time the most inbred Redboy dog alive and the plan was always to breed her back to him which they did and it produced nothing !...they had gone too tight breeding wise but the quality that struck me was how everything just came so naturally to them,i had conditioned dogs with different personalities that made them either hard or easy to get in shape but these were a dream to work with it was almost like they had a built in sensor of when to ease up and when to push,a lot of dogs id experienced before that would run a mill flat out like a lunatic until they dropped,or would need constant coaxing....but these were unbelievable athletes that just seemed to understand what they were doing fitness wise it was something i couldnt put my finger on right up until i came out of the dogs.....and what they had was breeding....people talk about gameness,mouth,ability etc when it comes to breeding......but this was a trait i could only describe as professionalism,bizarre as it sounds....i likened it to taking a Mondeo off the road and fitting it with all the best performance parts,and then taking a Ferrari off the road and fitting it with the best performance parts.

Anyway thats just my mad ramblings.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, gnasher16 said:

Funny ol topic this ?....im not much of a book reader so wont be able to converse with a few of the historians but just to relate a few of my own experiences on a couple of points thats cropped up....regards the American Bulldog i came close to investing a few quid with a northerner i knew back in the 90,s in a little venture to bring dogs over but couldnt bring myself to do it in the end he had made contact with all the names mentioned on this thread and the deal was on the table to bring something like 7 or 8 dogs and a litter of puppies off Alan Scotts yard i saw them in quarantine and cant say i was all that struck on them,apparently Scott was an old plantation man and had dogs running round the place literally killing each other as they had a lot of pit bull bred into them but it turned out only a few of them had actually come off his yard the litter of pups were Johnson dogs...im told they all went into pet and guard homes as the next fashion trend began.

Mention was made of the Redboy dogs earlier in the thread and i had the privilege of conditioning a few of them years ago i had been around a lot of the dogs popular on these shores and got what i thought was top condition out of them but the first Redboy dog i experienced really opened my eyes... she was owned by lads i knew on the continent who also owned a dog named Bud who was at the time the most inbred Redboy dog alive and the plan was always to breed her back to him which they did and it produced nothing !...they had gone too tight breeding wise but the quality that struck me was how everything just came so naturally to them,i had conditioned dogs with different personalities that made them either hard or easy to get in shape but these were a dream to work with it was almost like they had a built in sensor of when to ease up and when to push,a lot of dogs id experienced before that would run a mill flat out like a lunatic until they dropped,or would need constant coaxing....but these were unbelievable athletes that just seemed to understand what they were doing fitness wise it was something i couldnt put my finger on right up until i came out of the dogs.....and what they had was breeding....people talk about gameness,mouth,ability etc when it comes to breeding......but this was a trait i could only describe as professionalism,bizarre as it sounds....i likened it to taking a Mondeo off the road and fitting it with all the best performance parts,and then taking a Ferrari off the road and fitting it with the best performance parts.

?

Atb j 

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Gnasher just look at the dogs behind Redboy, yes he was bred years ago but if people still bring his name up then the dogs a few generations back deserve their praise in making him. ?

19 minutes ago, Greb147 said:

Gnasher just look at the dogs behind Redboy, yes he was bred years ago but if people still bring his name up then the dogs a few generations back deserve their praise in making him. ?

The three quarter Redboy stuff for me was the perfect combination,the lads i mentioned above also had a son of Montanas brother Spiderman who ended up in Oz,but they had bred him to a three quarter Jeep bitch that again,produced very little....the bitch i was on about had a little bit of the Patrick blood through Mayday but as long as that Redboy blood was kept at around three quarters they just produced amazing athletes with no compromise.....for me the Redboy crosses done with Yellow and Jocko revealed some of the best performing dogs in the history of the breed ive always said if i could start life again id be knocking David Tants door down with cash on the hip.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

The three quarter Redboy stuff for me was the perfect combination,the lads i mentioned above also had a son of Montanas brother Spiderman who ended up in Oz,but they had bred him to a three quarter Jeep bitch that again,produced very little....the bitch i was on about had a little bit of the Patrick blood through Mayday but as long as that Redboy blood was kept at around three quarters they just produced amazing athletes with no compromise.....for me the Redboy crosses done with Yellow and Jocko revealed some of the best performing dogs in the history of the breed ive always said if i could start life again id be knocking David Tants door down with cash on the hip.

I was yapping to a bloke not to long ago and he was saying he still has Montanas grandson and great granddaughter aswell as a few other bits and pieces 

3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I was yapping to a bloke not to long ago and he was saying he still has Montanas grandson and great granddaughter aswell as a few other bits and pieces 

Yes theres a few of them still around,the dogs still about off Spiderman on the continent still do well to this day i think when people want pups back 25 years later from stuff they originally sold around the world it shows the value in their breedings.....i dont even know if Katie Marlowe is even still alive but the impression she made on the breed is as important as anybody throughout history in my opinion.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yes theres a few of them still around,the dogs still about off Spiderman on the continent still do well to this day i think when people want pups back 25 years later from stuff they originally sold around the world it shows the value in their breedings.....i dont even know if Katie Marlowe is even still alive but the impression she made on the breed is as important as anybody throughout history in my opinion.

Was before my time mate was only yapping to him because I had a pic of Montana and bashs litter. Me and my bro stood with them as nippers in the whelping room; I say whelping room because it was the door taken off, turnt on its side and screwed in ?

• Haha 1

I used to be in contact with the fella that Joe ended up with in the Caribbean, he ended up with dogs from Hardcore, rich in the blood gnash was talking about. Long time ago that.

I was in with a couple of Russians they had some old Jim Macdonald stuff ,was really doing it ,think they were in with the klinkskies who had a good bitch nell,but didn't throw anything good ,last I heard they was having it with an Irish fella from cork ,paddy joyce