Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 22:53, JMc said:

I think when you look at these old images it’s easy to see why some say the Apbt is the original Bulldog and why some still refer to it as the Bulldog.All the dogs have a descent bit of muzzle,the stuff with with the nose pushed back was the beginning of the show stuff that goes all the way to the the modern British bulldog.Also as we all know most breeds who’s muzzle has been dramatically shortened can’t get round the block let alone have the wind to bring a bull down,so I go with modern gamebred types being the original bulldog,the squashed muzzle bulldog being a show offshoot.

atb J

35AEEF96-3D7E-410B-BF9E-3249972ED224.jpeg

DE45A1C4-AEFB-4674-9926-403C5792ECFC.jpeg

8686E3D4-82C3-42B6-B779-1802C712A62D.jpeg

BA8AD916-AD29-4038-9904-11B1087DB0AA.jpeg

Those prints remind me of these pictures taken after hurricane Katrina  

katrina pitbulls 1.jpg

katrina pitbulls 2.jpg

katrina pits.jpg

katrina pitbulls 4.jpg

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

On 26/06/2020 at 17:24, Rickshaw swami said:

What you guess that hog weighs?

11-12 stones. :hmm:

Judging by the way the dog bit his hand when he pulled the hog away. The Black fellow's not a regular part of the crew. Client maybe?

Anyway, you gotta hand it to that hog. It looks like he tried every trick in the book to get way. lol

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Mickey Finn said:

11-12 stones. :hmm:

Judging by the way the dog bit his hand when he pulled the hog away. The Black fellow's not a regular part of the crew. Client maybe?

Anyway, you gotta hand it to that hog. It looks like he tried every trick in the book to get way. lol

I had to look up how much a stone weighs ? I would guess your right on weight and other parts too.

When you have 3 or 4 dogs pulling against you it is a major struggle so hog could possibly weigh a little less just guessing.

I couldn't tell which dog bit him.If it was a catchdog I would cull.If it was a catahoula that's normal ? catahoulas don't like strangers especially black ones.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, robertb123 said:

Those prints remind me of these pictures taken after hurricane Katrina  

katrina pitbulls 1.jpg

katrina pitbulls 2.jpg

katrina pits.jpg

katrina pitbulls 4.jpg

What sort of cnut stands there and takes pictures then something like that is happening??? Ffs

19 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Tell us a bit more about the catahoulas mate 

No. Seriously, seem to be unlike anything We have here at all , proper interested In dogs Like those American cur types , ??

edited to add that I’ve just seen why the laughs , totally unintentional , just interested 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

What sort of cnut stands there and takes pictures then something like that is happening??? Ffs

I read that the dogs were on the loose after the hurricane, a pair of those things on the prowl are a creatures worst nightmare. 

40 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No. Seriously, seem to be unlike anything We have here at all , proper interested In dogs Like those American cur types , ??

I preferred blackmouth above the others.None of the type we had were registered. Most growl alot and walk around bristled up.They have just enough bulldog in them to get them in trouble.I have seen a few that were catchdogs they never bayed a day in their life. Catahoulas can be just as good but are more eccentric.Some are gun shy man shy or man eaters. 

Most blackmouth or catahoula curs do not have as good of a nose as hound but tons of grit. They will run a hog by sight or nose whichever they need.The last BMC I had would listen for hogs standing on his hind legs,running through briars thicket. Think of them as redneck lurchers.

There is hundreds of types of curs but most are used for squirrel hunting and have lost their grit.

IN hogdogs they generally aren't registered and you don't worry to much about the next generation.

Breed a hound to bulldog (gamebredathletictype) an linebreed  offspring you would basically have a good cur in my opinion.

Watch the movie old yellar.Most BMC I had was named yellar?

The buckskin dog in pictures I posted was BMC.I think the red looking one was a Florida cur I believe.

Basically in curs if you need grit add heavier apbt type curs if you need more nose add something heavier hound or birddog.

My father castrated his cur dogs because they walk around scratching growlingand pissing on every twig.It seemed to help.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, baker boy said:

Bloke in S.Wales just flogged a litter, mate of mine bought 1, fckn knows what for

They wouldn’t be about 19 weeks old would they? Old mate of mine has one that age. Rare old breed in the uk. Looks smart as mind you.

8 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I had to look up how much a stone weighs ? I would guess your right on weight and other parts too.

When you have 3 or 4 dogs pulling against you it is a major struggle so hog could possibly weigh a little less just guessing.

I couldn't tell which dog bit him.If it was a catchdog I would cull.If it was a catahoula that's normal ? catahoulas don't like strangers especially black ones.

I thought it was the one that looked a little like a blue tick. Just telling him to let go is all.

• Like 1
On 20/06/2020 at 16:15, Mickey Finn said:

Wow, this is an old thread. Some people confuse a type of dog with a pure breed. What little I know is that the better ones came from Ireland originally. The red nosed variety, which is around the size you mention and still common though diluted.

Weren't the Walsall type just as popular as the Irish when they hit the states, could bollocks? With the whippet blood meant to b racier etc than straight b&t

5 hours ago, Criss86 said:

Weren't the Walsall type just as popular as the Irish when they hit the states, could bollocks? With the whippet blood meant to b racier etc than straight b&t

Where do you think the Irish got their dogs from? 

Earl Tudor preferred the Henry dogs that were an English line. 

The million dollar question is did any Spanish Bulldog types get mixed with the English & Irish strains, I don't think there's any real documented evidence but I have heard rumours. 

bfeb0573daba0933ef56d2fb181b5bd6.jpg

a4395792ca9575be2933e7cd310e1639.jpg

f2dbba9f37bf04e609a6979158b79232.jpg

Edited by Greb147
  • Like 1