Is The Apbt The True Bulldog Or A Terrier Cross?

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In certain circles the term " Bulldog " within the breed of American Pit Bull Terriers is reserved specifically for the very best examples of the breed......" that dogs a real bulldog " for example wo

I know exactly where Alan lives?.I was at his house last year when he gifted me an undershot male pat which didn't make it.Known him around 20 years. One of the best catchdogs I seen weighed 30 l

I watched the above videos.They are hogs in a pin who have their spirits broke.These type are generally fat also.They have no fight left in them because dumb rednecks put catchdogs on them every Satur

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blackmag said:

Rick it's a interesting good  read did anyone line there catch dogs with there bay dogs or is it not the done thing 

Thanks yessir it's done especially with catahoulas,curs and jag you can breed a good catchdog to foxhound or coonhound or birddog and get good hogdogs, We call them running catchdogs.They will generally find and catch an average hog but they generally die when they meet a big wild one.These type have cost me just as much in vet bills as catchdogs have.They don't let nothing get away. Looking back I personally didn't keep true baydogs.My "baydogs" were the running catchdog type you speak of.They only bayed after getting cut down.THIS is also why you keep catchdog on leash otherwise he will be dead when you get there if big hog.

There's more experimental breeding's in hog hunting than any other sport I've seen including lurchers?

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

f**k me not been on in a while then come on to this thread full of experts of everything and remember why a dont come on anymore. Half the c**ts on here couldnt put a nut in a monkeys mouth. 

If we wanted your opinion we'd do just that. 

Long time no see, you been cleaning piss up off the floor fella, we've missed you. What you been on with? 

I bet you're gutted now you're not the hardest on here anymore. ?

Edited by Greb147
  • Haha 2
Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Been good getting back to real world. Off furlough and back to work. Got back into my fishing as well took my boy and got him his first fish and reapplied for ma firearms license. Good getting off here and back to the real world. 

Good on you, I'm just settling back in to this world. ?

3 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Just an old bulldog that came from Florida.A lot of catchdogs don't have a pedigree.

He lived to be old which is rare for a catchdog.

Just out of intreast today, if you wanted a game bred bulldog. Not these big unfit things or ones with abd in the mix, as there that much shit out there that supposedly bulldogs I think it be hard getting the real deal today.? 

37 minutes ago, bird said:

Just out of intreast today, if you wanted a game bred bulldog. Not these big unfit things or ones with abd in the mix, as there that much shit out there that supposedly bulldogs I think it be hard getting the real deal today.? 

It's not as hard here if you know some hog hunters you can trust.I  was offered a little chocolate bitch a few months ago.

Someone new to the sport would have a hard time I'm afraid.The average apbt here is a fat useless couch potato same as their owners nowdays.

2 minutes ago, Boss-Hog said:

good half bull hound catches decent enuff  don't need pure bulldogs hanging on em lol

Exactly, and those Bull Arabs are mostly off Bull Terriers as well. 

I bet a good first cross would do the job just fine if entered on hogs. 

16 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

f**k me not been on in a while then come on to this thread full of experts of everything and remember why a dont come on anymore. Half the c**ts on here couldnt put a nut in a monkeys mouth. 

How's the fairy cake baking going champ? ?

22 hours ago, Greb147 said:

Yes, weight & strength. 

But the AB's I've seen do want to be there, they don't just grab hold of the ear and then ease off. 

Once they get hold of the ear most need a breaking stick to be taken off. 

You don't really need the intensity of an APBT to do the job, other breeds do it. 

Look at the Bull Arabs, they are Bull Terrier blooded dogs aren't they? 

Look at the end of this clip, a snippet I know but does that dog look like it really doesn't want to be there? 

Kin el!! Lol, wouldn't want that dog hitting me in the lug lol. I'd say he looks more than keen and up to the task lol 

14 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

It's not as hard here if you know some hog hunters you can trust.I  was offered a little chocolate bitch a few months ago.

Someone new to the sport would have a hard time I'm afraid.The average apbt here is a fat useless couch potato same as their owners nowdays.

What's the smallest bulldog you seen used on hogs Rick 

Atb j 

The smallest one I seen that caught hogs for years was a 28lb bitch.named chocolate.pedigree unknown.I first seen her at a buddies in Georgia.some redneck cut her ears off and did a poor job.My buddy in Georgia used her to catch hogs for years.A local friend here in Alabama asked me for a good catch dog.I called my buddy in Georgia and he sold her for $200.These boys hunted with her till she was old.I think she got bred once but I didn't keep up with pups.She was extremely dog aggressive but did her job very well.She caught some record book hogs here.

This poor little dog wasn't famous but me and many others trusted her with our life.I hope I never forget her.

When you put a little dog back together with a staple gun like a puzzle while she stands and licks your hands.It ain't easy to forget.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1