Your Dinners In The Bin...........probably !

Its almost becoming cheaper to eat out these days if all your worried about is filling your belly.....how much is a joint of beef for a couple of people these days 10 - 15 quid ?.....then with all the veg,spuds and trimmings your looking at 20 quid at least......you can go to a carvery for a tenner each.......and let someone else have all the arse ache of cooking/washing up.

Nash, i'm fairly sure you could feed a family of 5 for around £15 or just over with fresh veg and meat.

£3 per person for a decent roast dinner.....nah im not having that.
The Old Red Lion in Houghton Regis does a 6 day a week carvery for £3.95 each - choice of Turkey, gammon, beef or 1\2 a chicken and all the veg you can eat (peas, carrots, sweet corn, cabbage, cauli, mash and roast potatoes and a Yorkie pud thrown in !).......... We take the ma-in-law once a month. Edited by Blackbriar

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its a throw away world now,when you didnt ate your dinner years ago yer ma used to say them we biaferins would be glad of that,lol..whatever happened them biaferins never hear anymore about them,.prob

All I can say is that most people must have far too much money if they can afford to buy then throw. In our house nothing is wasted or chucked. Maybe its because I'm of the 'older' generation who had

I think a lot has to do with doing the Big Shop   I remember my nana would go to the local shops every day to buy what was needed   My mother still goes to the shops every other day

Lunch time one day in work eating chips some were left next day uncle was back on site put the old chips on bread and down the hatch,,,,,flies were all over them,,,,,,,,,seen another lad pick moult off bread and eat it,the bread was nearly all blue,,,,,,,,,,,,,them old timers are never a day sick...........waste not want not,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats what they tell you..........

• Like 1

fella i know goes to the sunday market here buy all out of date stuff,case of cider,sweets for the kids,all sorts,lol when i said your gonna poisen them kids he said balls,what did we do before they brought these date things in there was no dates in my day,lol

Lunch time one day in work eating chips some were left next day uncle was back on site put the old chips on bread and down the hatch,,,,,flies were all over them,,,,,,,,,seen another lad pick moult off bread and eat it,the bread was nearly all blue,,,,,,,,,,,,,them old timers are never a day sick...........waste not want not,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats what they tell you..........

I know a similar story...

My old next door naighbour had some Sunday dinner leftovers,,,so she put the plate outside on the floor,,for the birds,,,

Later that day she brought the plate in,,and put it on the side,,,an old friend popped round to see her,,and whilst she was nattering,,,the friend was picking away at the food,,,

• Like 1

fella i know goes to the sunday market here buy all out of date stuff,case of cider,sweets for the kids,all sorts,lol when i said your gonna poisen them kids he said balls,what did we do before they brought these date things in there was no dates in my day,lol

I'll happily buy the short-dated meat and fish at the supermarket that's being knocked out cheap - got big bag of herrings the other night, 65p and turned out to be 6 fish. Big Turkey leg 30p - that went to the dog's, via the mincer. Pork shoulder joints £3 and a couple of rainbow trout for 80p........

• Like 2

I'll happily buy the short-dated meat and fish at the supermarket that's being knocked out cheap - got big bag of herrings the other night, 65p and turned out to be 6 fish. Big Turkey leg 30p - that went to the dog's, via the mincer. Pork shoulder joints £3 and a couple of rainbow trout for 80p........

Man after my own heart. My corner shop is Aldi's it also happens to be the nearest. When they mark down it is with 2 days to go on the date and they mark 30% off, No chickens marked down today though had to pay full price.

TC

• Like 1

Dont know how people can eat in those "eat all your can for £9.95" places :bad:

Absolutely!

I keep driving till I find a £7.99 one. :laugh:

£7.99? Ooo check out Mr. Moneybags over here :laugh:

• Like 3

Dont know how people can eat in those "eat all your can for £9.95" places :bad:

Absolutely!

I keep driving till I find a £7.99 one. :laugh:

lol

I heard your not far off a multi millionaire :whistling:

Edited by keepdiggin

People should be more concerned with what they're feeding their family these days. Too many parents cant be bothered to cook their young ones a proper meal with fresh veg and meat/fish. In would rather waste a bit of food from time to time and make sure i had fresh food in the fridge at all times.

I think you may find its more a case of they can`t cook anything that does not come out of a packet with the instructions written on the side, basic cooking skills are vanishing no matter how many programs there are on telly about food, needs sticking back in the school curriculum

Its almost becoming cheaper to eat out these days if all your worried about is filling your belly.....how much is a joint of beef for a couple of people these days 10 - 15 quid ?.....then with all the veg,spuds and trimmings your looking at 20 quid at least......you can go to a carvery for a tenner each.......and let someone else have all the arse ache of cooking/washing up.

Nash, i'm fairly sure you could feed a family of 5 for around £15 or just over with fresh veg and meat.

£3 per person for a decent roast dinner.....nah im not having that.

wouldn't worry too much Gnash, for £3 each there won`t be much to have