YOUR OTHER HALF

Guest SJM

If you have an other half, are they into hunting, shooting, dogs etc? Or are they dead against it? If they are into the same things as you do you find it helps the relationship or is it a pain ie is your other half always harping on wanting to come out with you and the dogs, or do they do their thing and you do yours? Do you prefer if your other half has no interest in your hunting shooting hobbies as it gives you time and space away from them?

If you dont have an other half, you can still join in this thread, post a pic and a wee blurb and we could maybe get some blind dates going on here lolol :laugh::drink:

I am curious what other people think cos I think its pretty much essential a partner at least tolerates or is passive towards hunting etc, my ex wasnt quite an anti, but he didnt like the idea of me killing things just for sport/fun etc he used to call me Cruella and give me a really hard time if we were out walking the dogs and one of mine caught a rabbit or something like that. It really did my head in and was a major thorn in the side of the relationship, it wasnt the main reason we broke up as we had a lot of other differences, but it was one of a number of contributing factors.

I have found that most of the men who are heavily into hunting,shooting etc are allready spoken for :cry: so us single lasses either have to content ourselves with a boring guy who doesnt really "get" what hunting is all about, or do without and ravage the rabbit :laugh: I prefer the second option its a lot less hassle than having to endure looks of disgust and comments about being an evil bitch :laugh: , but 1% of me says not to give up hope he is out there somewhere? What do you guys think is the key to finding the right relationship where you can enjoy your chosen hobbies??

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Wife takes an interest, she hasn't come out with the ferrets or the air rifle yet, but she enjoys coming fishing with me.

My old man thinks it's wrong though, he used to go to get some peace AWAY from my mother!

My lass dose her own thing but like the dogs and furts..

She cleans kennels and furts and eats rabbit shes never been ferreting or lamping but i aint asked her to come she could if she wanted too but just once a week or something i just like going with my pal he can carry more than she could..

Shes been coarsing and enjoyed that but she dont like walking all that far..

Just to add I havent included fishing in this for a reason - all the guys I see standing in the Clyde in their waders are all middle aged grumpy looking men, who I presume stand up to their elbows in shitty water all day in the pissing rain purely because their wifes are rotten trolls who do their heads in and its the only way they can get a bit of peace :laugh::laugh:

My wife is an absolute gem,and i'd be heartbroken without her.She's never given me a hard time about my hunting exploits,and she does come out with me fairly regularly.Her take on hunting is,if something is being eaten after being shot,netted,etc,or is predating on livestock,then its reasonably justified.What she absolutely won't tolerate though,is any form of cruelty,to your animals,or your quarry. :thumbs:

How many Brownie points do i get for this darling? :icon_redface:

Both hunt, but mostly do our own thing, except ferreting, we always do that together cos its really a two man (or one man one woman) job. We go out on invites together...usually cos we get invited together.

I think it is harder when you are a woman hunting, people seem to think there must be something wrong with you because you would rather kill & eat small furry animals than cuddle and mother them :D

MOLL.

I think it is harder when you are a woman hunting, people seem to think there must be something wrong with you because you would rather kill & eat small furry animals than cuddle and mother them :D

MOLL.

Oh yesssssss :yes::yes::laugh:

:laugh: ...Where do i start with my other half!!!! :doh::D

She hates me going hunting, hates me killing things and put a stop to me and my son, who is 6, going ferreting together. She reckons his too young. :blink::no:

I wont go any further, its too depressing. :wallbash::laugh::laugh:

Guest nitevision

we share an interest in dogs,but as for the hunting side my good woman is not interested,she thinks iam slightly mad to walk over the feilds in the dark etc,happy to let me get on with it i think,id have no problem if she wanted to join me,but i think she prefers the sofa,the telly,cakes,chocolate,pet forums etc. :whistling::whistling::whistling: