Help Needed Please

Cruch

Hiya all, I am thinking of getting a HH in the next few weeks I have had running dogs n ferrets most of my life but now I am making a call not to have an other dog as mine are getting to old for work but to try my hand with a HH, I have read n read lots of Info about the birds ect, I am after someone local to me that maybe willing to be about for a little help if needs be, or to meet up for a few hours flying time, I lived close to alton towers a few years ago and I am now In coalville thanks Nick

I would advise a mentor first for about a year before you get a bird mate.there is far to many people thought I will get a bird then ruin them as they don't no what it involves.where as if you get somebody to mentor you for a year it gives you time to buy all the things you need and you have committed your self then your last stage is your bird.plus it will give you chance to see if it's for you or not then you haven't wasted a fortune of buying everything as it's easy to kill a bird with out knowing because of the weights they need to be.atb

• Like 1

The issue I have is finding a mentor, I have had a few days first hand out in the field a while ago but no where near enough to go alone, thinking my only way forward now is to join a club but if honest I am not a people person lol

The issue I have is finding a mentor, I have had a few days first hand out in the field a while ago but no where near enough to go alone, thinking my only way forward now is to join a club but if honest I am not a people person lol

Some of them clubs can be a gamble weather they will talk to you or not,is there no falconry centres near you who can talk to you about it mate but some might charge you to for learning you.there must be somebody on this site close to you and try to build up trust and show you the ropes.where a outs are you mate

I have not long moved away from the town where a have spent all my life , it's a little place near Alton towers I still go lamping and days out with the ferrets around that area, with my dogs ect, but none of my mates have a HH who can help me, I am now living close to East MIds air port, I am building up farms n golf courses close by as u can never have enough but I am new to the area and like to keep myself to myself, I think I am going to have to go down the road of a club n see where I end up in a few months time, I am not the type of person to have a dog for a year or two, so planning on a HH is not taken over a few beers.thanks for all the info ect cheers cruch