Conditioning A Terrier

Always kept staffords and not a terrier but fancy stripping my french bulldog down abit. Shes not the fat struggle to breath type anyway but of course cant work her like i would the staffs. Dont expect to have her at her peak i mean its pointless anyway. Just want to see what shed look like in abit better shape. Just wondering best way to go about it? thinking short bursts as shes only a small dog rather than putting miles in.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have to agree, half the secret to keeping a terrier fit enough for plenty of work is keeping their brains stimulated. Terriers don't like to be bored and a walk around a few fields with plenty of sigh

A million miles from a dog not wanting it. But if you want a terrier capable of doing something special every now and then it better be in top condition. I think anyone who's done a bit of wrestling

Most guys have the very highest standards of what they expect from their dogs. They'd cull them for any minor deviation from their super high standards of work.   But the are very slack of the stand

Dare.... my Frenchie bulldog pup is only 9 month old... And has been on all the premium brand dried dog foods...(waste of money) She is now on wag puppy dried food and this suits her the best...( funny constitutions)

She gets 3 30 mins runs a day, and is well muscled, lean and maintains this just bombing around chasing the terriers in short bursts!!!

when i want then fit...ile just clip a chain to their collar and let them drag it ive got 4 diffrent chains hanging in the shed and a sash weight...just step them up as and when their doing well

Up til now mate youve always made a lot of sense but this post is several steps back .

• Like 5

Have to agree, half the secret to keeping a terrier fit enough for plenty of work is keeping their brains stimulated. Terriers don't like to be bored and a walk around a few fields with plenty of sights and smells every day will keep a terrier fit enough for a few days digging a week.

Personally I hate to see so called keeps for terriers.

Good food, good bed and a good life will make a well bred, well worked terrier keep going.

• Like 14

Not only does a walk stimulate the dogs but the owner too as well as helping to keep yourself in shape as come the season the graft wont dig itself .No amount of excercise however can prepare you or the dog for digging .Takes a few weeks for dogs to harden and man to get back dig fit .At my age anyway lol.

• Like 4