Dominant Pup

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anybody that says they can pick the best worker out of a box of small pups must be god. It's impossible IMO. I had a very nervous submissive bitch one time that was a demon to work her kennel mate was

All im saying is this,if i wanted a grafting terrier id be reluctant to visit a litter bred by somebody i did not know,i know for a fact that i could ask a mucker for a pup and it would work.Id not wa

Luck only comes into being lucky enough to know what you are doing .Lucky that two well bred dogs tied ,something that avoided me this summer .What eludes most on here is ,i think ,breeding for the fu

In peoples experience does de dominant pup in the litter turn out 1 of the best or can the quiet 1s turn out hardier as they get older??

I have always noticed that the all out aggresive bullying type usually turn out to be shit while the quiet chilled out pups will go on to be good workers,jmo.

• Like 2

Anybody that says they can pick the best worker out of a box of small pups must be god. It's impossible IMO. I had a very nervous submissive bitch one time that was a demon to work her kennel mate was a bully and was half the worker she was.

• Like 5

One thing I swear by is if you've got a youngster in your yard that's being dominated you'll never get the best out of it.

I'm not talking pups in the nest and agree that picking a pup is only down to luck and personal choice.

• Like 3

I have 4 pups here planing on keepin 2. De biggest 1 i plan on keepin wont let the others near food an [BANNED TEXT] ders food down dey wont even go in to the box with him.. i often hear that the 1s who do all de fighting wit other dogs might not be as good a worker i was wondering if this was just a myth or actually true..

if u could pick a worker out of a litter of pups wed all have our kennels full of top stuff

Id have thought if bred right they,d all be grafters,the day when pot luck came into the equation was the day that litter should not have been bred.To many litters are bred now when there is a chance that some of the resultant progeny may not be up to standard,the main reason for that is somewhere in the recent lineage there should have been a cull.

• Like 2

Best to the best might not produce the best its mostly down to luck imo but obviously good blood helps

Luck,the lads that breed with the luck factor in the equation is the main reason the working terrier,all types and breeds,are in the state they are now.