Poachers On Your Permission

Just out of curiosity as I don't myself have any permission...

So, If you're out on your own permission and see 1 or 2 lads running/lamping dogs in one of your fields what would you do ???

Approach them, turn a blind eye and let crack on or something else ???

Not looking for stupid answers or any arguments to start - just honest thoughts/opinions/actions of different Lurcher people...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you risk poaching you take the risk what could come of it if caught. We all poach in some manner but the worste is guys who go back on people. To me even if some one takes me to a spot that neither

go over and invite them to join you have a chat and just explain its your ground and you want to keep it that way dont go over all clever most lads are normally sound about it and are just looking for

That's what wrong people in the wrong do anything to them and they run to the police asshole

go over and invite them to join you have a chat and just explain its your ground and you want to keep it that way dont go over all clever most lads are normally sound about it and are just looking for a run or two for the dogs some will listen some wont but thats life

• Like 6

I got a piece of land where I shoot Canada's in September. One day, I got a call from the owner of the barley field, who told me that he had been approached by a bloke who lives 5 houses away from me asking to shoot the geese. The farmer had referred that person to me to clear it. At 11pm that night, I hadn't heard anything from him. I knew that he would go so I left my truck on the drive so he'd think I was at home asleep and I set my alarm for stupid o'clock and walked over to the permission with my rifle. Sure enough, at just after silly o'clock I heard the gate clang and his van drove in. It was foggy and I watched him and his son get out of the van with their guns, loaded down with deeks and blinds. I appeared out of the mist right on his shoulder. The look on his face was a picture. When you're caught bang to rights there's two ways to go.

1. Put your hands up, wipe your mouth, look big and walk away

OR

2. Bullshit

He chose option 2 and offered to share the mornings shooting with me FFS!!. Bearing in mind he had just committed a technical criminal offence, this was the wrong move. After I'd finished with him, he slunk off with his tail between his legs having just been humiliated in front of his son. Not something I wanted to do but there's a moral...

Don't even think about tolerating poaching on your permission, stamp on it. Day 1. End of. Its too hard to come by to let it go. :thumbs:

• Like 2

Poachers on my permission I don't have any it's all mine when dark so when I see a lamp get down for a few minutes then crack on???? and have some fun

But always leave the land how you found it then no one knows you've been

Edited by dogmad riley

V only got a tiny tiny bit of permission it's only 5 acres of woodland (it's a start) I would have to go ask what they where up to the only time I'd be pissd off would be if the where driving round in 4x4 ripping up the field's I don't get why people can't just walk the do when lamping atb guys .corey

out lamping the other week and a car drove down into a apple oachard so i went down after it when i got there, there was know one there, looked in the car there was lamping batterys in side so i took a photo of the number plate and sent it to the farmer who is a part time copper turns out that night someone nicked stuff of is land, if they were out after a few rabbits fare enough but when they out theiving thats a different story