How Many Off Yous Hunt Black And Tans ??

I had a black and tan dog from cavan, he would hunt hard and keep going on a drag an hour later. I got a litter of pups out of him i had a black tan bitch and dog. I drafter them out at 12months old the bitch is very hard headed and will not give up on a line. Well the dog had pure drive and fantasit cry. I also have a black and tan bitch in kennels now from tipperery she steady turning 12months this month she ready for working this winter. Cwn-hela

Hi cwm hela,are these the pups going back about 2 seasons ago you posted a video of them in your back garden,a nice litter of pups about six of them.atb old dog/quote]

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

to me this is not pig ignorants thats hounds being hounds doing the job they where breed for hunting flushing out to gun or lurcher has been the undoing of many a good hound pup ever time a fox leaves

indeed...they do well for themselves...with the odd bit of chaos. if and when i take a litter i want to breed them a fraction steadier more like the fell hounds i know a little bit easier to control o

Hi Krawnden, double tongue is when a hound is giving tongue, usually real heavy deep tongue, and it changes to a different note in the one breath. It is the same for a hound with treble tongue. These

Fran, I find my 2 pups are very head strong , pig ignorant on a hunt , if ones missed and they get out on it , you Have a long wait as they will hunt til they run it to ground . They not marking but showing signs . Hunting mad so long may it continue

to me this is not pig ignorants thats hounds being hounds doing the job they where breed for hunting flushing out to gun or lurcher has been the undoing of many a good hound pup ever time a fox leaves cover they get stopped

many a time ive heard so and so hounds are fly and when you see them they are going crackers in cover but could not hold a line over one field never mind a good hunt

• Like 2

I had a black and tan dog from cavan, he would hunt hard and keep going on a drag an hour later. I got a litter of pups out of him i had a black tan bitch and dog. I drafter them out at 12months old the bitch is very hard headed and will not give up on a line. Well the dog had pure drive and fantasit cry. I also have a black and tan bitch in kennels now from tipperery she steady turning 12months this month she ready for working this winter. Cwn-hela

Hi cwm hela,are these the pups going back about 2 seasons ago you posted a video of them in your back garden,a nice litter of pups about six of them.atb old dog/quote]

The bitch is at you place now i belive old dog???

Yes they are doing what they are bred for, all I'm saying is if ones missed and they get out its on your horse to try and keep up which I don't mind at all , because they can hold the line Very well over long distance , Milliken I remember u saying to me on here that the sire and dam were decent dogs :)

Edited by baz69

We've just drafted in black an tan pup from drag hounds , we're still bike exercising and the bitch is so head strong , she will hunt any thing , but hopefully if we stay on top of her and put her right , she will make a decent bitch , great nose and screams on line and she's only being entered this season

• Like 1

hi cwm hela ,yes mate she came down to me at the end of the season,with what chris had there, she was hunting away from the other hounds,i took her out twice with my hounds before i finished,she fitted in ok ,she is no different to the hounds in kennel,i'll let you know how she gets on this season mate,it want be long now,how are her sisters doing with you,would of thought they were the same as her out working, atb old dog

I would of had her back but i have couple of pups on at the min so no room. Her sisters ar at cumbria and they are fine.the lad that has them he is on hear perthishire keeper. I have kept a bitch and a dog. He the only dog left out of the litter. Black and tan dog had an accident at 14 months old. All the pups worked cant wait to get the bitch in pup next year.

She should be ok for you old dog she has a great voice. Cwn-hela

yes mate as i said she's looking good ,i also have a pup out of her,by accident one of my welsh dogs caught her before i took her out,she had three,two died at birth and one dog survived he is coming up to four months now,rough coated black and tan,he's a cheeky little hound,i'll let you know how they are both getting on,atb old dog

I would of had her back but i have couple of pups on at the min so no room. Her sisters ar at cumbria and they are fine.the lad that has them he is on hear perthishire keeper. I have kept a bitch and a dog. He the only dog left out of the litter. Black and tan dog had an accident at 14 months old. All the pups worked cant wait to get the bitch in pup next year.

She should be ok for you old dog she has a great voice. Cwn-hela

indeed...they do well for themselves...with the odd bit of chaos. if and when i take a litter i want to breed them a fraction steadier more like the fell hounds i know a little bit easier to control on your own.

will it be girl you put to pup CH?

hounds%20in%20truck.jpg

Edited by perthshire keeper
  • Like 2

yes mate as i said she's looking good ,i also have a pup out of her,by accident one of my welsh dogs caught her before i took her out,she had three,two died at birth and one dog survived he is coming up to four months now,rough coated black and tan,he's a cheeky little hound,i'll let you know how they are both getting on,atb old dog

Ok no problem old dog. Hope the little pup comes grand for you.

It depends on which breed of hound you are talking about, most harrier men would not let any scarteen breeding into their kennels. The scarteen use alot off kerry breeding using only black and tan harriers, which made them a very good pack. But then it is said that they used a black and tan coon hound for colour and ruined any breeding it was used on. The kerry harrier are a top class hound which comes in all colours including black and tan and tongue that is second to none. Some have double tongue and some of the more older lines have treble tongue.

Forgive my ignorance, but what are double and treble tongue?