Bloody Sheep!!!

No excuses really a dog like that is no good to any one n can be the cause of many good well behaved dogs gettin shot n the lurcher and owner given more of a bad name, jobs hard enough as it is, best off in a pet home n if that can't be found then shouldn't go hunting n atleast kept on a lead if anywhere near sheep..

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot the fecking thing and don't have another dog. Two dogs gone exactly the same way. I would seriously consider if you are competent enough to train a dog.   TC

Whatever you do you must do it quickly. Electric collar can work but whatever you do it must rock that dogs world to associate sheep with a very negative experience. Some dogs are broken easily to sto

A vibe I get through this thread is that lads seem to think that a dog is broken to sheep if you can walk it off the lead through a field of sheep. A dog is only broken to sheep if he lost his quarry

if a dog was a stock killer but was a great hare killer would you put to sleep or just run him on land where theres no sheep,

Trouble in waiting,a chase that starts away from stock as an habit of ending on land you have little contol over,pts,better for the dog that will possibly spend its lifetime passed from pillar to nugget.

• Like 1

if a dog was a stock killer but was a great hare killer would you put to sleep or just run him on land where theres no sheep,

False economy,sooner or later the dog will again encounter sheep,it will be passed from pillar to nugget and possibly suffer because of its early lack of stewardship,better to cull such a dog,kinder on the dog.

• Like 1

Lock the dog in the kennel for a fortnight so hes absolutely bouncing then wait till its windy as hell take him too a field of sheep that are going to run but can't go far so you can catch the dog before he can do too much damage . when he chases the sheep get after catch him put him on the lead but have a length of blue 25mm alcathine pipe with you hidden about 3 foot long and hit fuc out of him at the same time shouting his name in an aggressive manner. if you done that the first time you wouldn't be writing on here about it and also its got to be blue alcathine the yellow stuff they use for gas pipe might not work

• Like 1

Lock the dog in the kennel for a fortnight so hes absolutely bouncing then wait till its windy as hell take him too a field of sheep that are going to run but can't go far so you can catch the dog before he can do too much damage . when he chases the sheep get after catch him put him on the lead but have a length of blue 25mm alcathine pipe with you hidden about 3 foot long and hit fuc out of him at the same time shouting his name in an aggressive manner. if you done that the first time you wouldn't be writing on here about it and also its got to be blue alcathine the yellow stuff they use for gas pipe might not work

Are you out of your head or is such bullshit normal to you ?

It's you that needs a belt of a pipe.

• Like 4

you serious you want to use a fence post feck that platic pipe

I know the farmer who owns the sheep on the hill by me and he knows full well my dogs are spot on as iv proved to him time and time again ! My pup at the moment isn't perfect but she isn't attacking them just herding them ! I think you got to act normal around sheep while stock breaking as you want your dog to act normal you start stressing and the dog will sense this and start acting to accordance !!

I think thats the thing with most situations with dogs like if you know your dog fights with other dogs and you see one coming and your heart starts pumping and start to stress the dog will pick up on it and take the dominant role and act how it thinks it needs to. I had the same problem with my mums bullmastiff it would kick off as soon as it saw a dog or sheep because she would get in such a panic but if i took the dog and kept calm and quietly corrected the dog before it acted it was fine.
Yeeep just all about keeping calm and keeping a eye on the dogs body language ! Soon as the pup could smell she I could see her body language change completely she was getting stress and wanted to approach them but didn't to me she wasn't broke to sheep I knew if she thought I couldn't see her she would have a pop ! My old two can be a mile or two away and I know they wouldn't bother them at all that's broken to sheep

Exactly how mine was he went a bit wrong as a pup and I got all stressed about it marching him through sheep every night and the poor sod didn't no what to do. Once I had that pointed out to me :) and i relaxed around them so did the dog and now he is quite chilled. The other night walking down the track some lambs had there head through the wire and jumped back out the grass and legged it he didnt even twitch. Early days but the signs are looking good. Personally I could never pts a dog of mine or rehome I would just persist no matter what

Its normal to me my dogs don't chase sheep so never get shot

No I guess they don't get shot, just battered with a pipe after you've locked them up for 2 weeks and then let them chase sheep.

The mind boggles.

Edited by neil cooney

damn i thought the lad who started the thread was bad whats wrong with people

What a fecking tosser. I am ashamed to see your Welsh a disgrace to your nation. If that is the only way you know of stock breaking you need to give up owning dogs as much as the OP.

Edited to add: This must be a wind-up surely? If it is you got me, :laugh: if it's not Cnut.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 3

My youngest has been on the sharp end of a pissed off ram and also been around lambs and older sheep but I would not trust him as far as I can throw him. All my others have(retired) and will chase a bunny through a sheep legs and return if missed......

This fecker just has that look in his eye so it's down to me to choose my runs and ground carefully.

May never happen but I just don't trust him and if it does it's my fault!.

Matt

If you lock it up for two weeks it will chase sheep thats what you want he said the dog doesn't chase them all the time so you can correct it you cant correct it if it doesn't chase them and watch your mind dont get boggled by the wind