Getting Fit

Does anyone take there dog running? And if so how many times a week? And how far? I'm taking a bullx and I've a wheaton terrier can I take her too? Don't know if this is in the wrong section if so sorry!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Used to run 7 mile 3 times a week with a terrier and lurcher on the roads so the dogs where always on a lead, one night a cat ran down the street and the dogs decided to change from a leisurely jog to

I bike to work twice a week with mine. It's about 4 miles with a split of roads an tracks. He will trot to the side of the bike fine. The rest is daily walks and mooch out with other dogs so they can

I just put my rucksack on tracking collars on and hit the mountains can walk some miles and dogs keep themselves fit go for hours at a time couldn't be dealing with biking them rather walk them fit

Posted Images

take mine jogging we did a few 3 milers over the weekend. Seen one local runner take a jr even that little legged fella handles it fine.

Just build up slow. Mines not a fan I sense I think he just finds it monotonous though and lags behind

• Like 1

A mate of my had a big pitbull/staffy and thought it would be a good idea to run him next to his bike. He tied the lead to the handle bars instead of holding the lead was okay for a mile or so but as soon as the dog seen a cat or it turned flip the lad off his bike and drag the bike down the road a good few hundred yards with the lad running screaming behind it was a very amusing afternoon atb guys

• Like 1

I've tried the bike before and come off when the bull x went after a squirrel, do you think the wheaton is ok to jog 3 miles 3 times a week?

Nothing weird about that at, that's what wheatens are like and you should have known that before taking on such a breed.

take mine jogging we did a few 3 milers over the weekend. Seen one local runner take a jr even that little legged fella handles it fine.

Just build up slow. Mines not a fan I sense I think he just finds it monotonous though and lags behind

Ive found mine lags a bit when hes by himself behind the van but if ive got my curs out with him hes right up behind the whole way he must like it more when hes with his mates. Edited by Blackdog92
  • Like 2

I jog with mine every morning but only 3 mile then later have a mooch about with them off lead for a good few hours. Day time stuff is weather depending if to warm get later evening behind the quad. All this only preps them. First few weeks of season is were the real fitness is put in working

• Like 2

Take mine long walks free running and treadmill mine looking good probably step it up on treadmill now they have started to cut

im doing the same how long on the mill are you giving them? I give my dog 2.5-3 miles and a hour walk in the morning and a walk at night do you think the 2.5 - 3 miles on the mill is enough or should I give him abit more?

Take mine long walks free running and treadmill mine looking good probably step it up on treadmill now they have started to cut

im doing the same how long on the mill are you giving them? I give my dog 2.5-3 miles and a hour walk in the morning and a walk at night do you think the 2.5 - 3 miles on the mill is enough or should I give him abit more?

I walk mine a hour in morning then pre set my treadmill at a set speed to make the dogs trot when on the mill and for 30 mins each dog don't no how far it is with only giving them 30 mins on it