Best Way To Separate Dogs Fighting

I have a whippet x bull, he has the build of the bull, just a bit more leg.

Well tonight went out on usual walk with him and my springer, let both off as usual, when a border terrier wandered up to my whippet x and world war three started. Mine had the head of the border in its mouth and was shaking it like a rag doll.

I grabbed mine by his collar, when a lady appeared who was the owner of the border and held her dogs body, I could not get mine to let go, so I used the lead like a choke chain and commenced to tighten so that he would let go, which he did eventually.

Anyway way to cut a long story short what is the most effective way of separating them.

By the way the border was ok only a small cut, the owner was surprisingly very calm and ok with the situation.

Any advice appreciated.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I step in a bit early to avoid any fighting. Soon as I see another dog I stick the finger straight in..   When asked I just say it's a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of all dogs..

Instead of a finger i carry a small dildo and ram it up its asshole if trouble is ahead.

E collar is not advised for aggression..   Dogs that fight are a Pain in the ass..

Keep him on a lead pal, when you think other dogs around, that will save you hassle, an carry a small thick stick with you in case something goes wrongagain, put it in his mouth, an open.

I do normally keep him on lead when other dogs about, or if I see another dog I call him and put him on it.

I guess a breaking stick is the answer, what type of wood shape etc?

Be more careful were you think dogs about, it shouldn't happen again, now that you know what the dog will do, just a six inch stick, thick enough so it won't break in his mouth, just keep it in your back pocket.

You sure your not winding me up, lol

Be more careful were you think dogs about, it shouldn't happen again, now that you know what the dog will do, just a six inch stick, thick enough so it won't break in his mouth, just keep it in your back pocket.

You sure your not winding me up, lol

No wind up to be honest it really shocked me as he has never done anything like this before and my other half walks them sometimes on her own.

Breaking stick. Simple as.If you watch docs about sled dogs they all have one at hand hanging off belt.Handy as wouldn"t be half the damage to dogs or people if owners had them at hand. Keep one at hand around kennels too.atb.