Wasp Nest Prices

I can’t believe people are actually arguing the right to charge less rather than more. Says a lot about the mental state and self-worth of some people working in pest control.

Suits me fine. I like weak competition :)

People are not saying to charge less, people are saying that your costing are pie in the sky. You can charge what ever you want, but your trying to justify it by inaccurate costings.

TC

• Like 1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ok saying that it's 15mins work but in reality iv spent hours working on my website to compete with all the big companies just to get the job....half an hour drive there, half an hour to the next

I'd rather see 10 companies like that than 1 charging £25!   I company that I did a bit of work for charge plus vat and they get the work in, they invest the money in advertising and get plenty of

From what I’ve experienced you really want to charge more than less.   When I started out I tried to be the cheapest in town – I think everyone does. After getting a couple of callbacks and realisin

TC please; I’m not trying to justify my prices, I’m not on here looking for clients, never have been, never will be.

My way of costing jobs works for me, I round everything up in my favour of course, why wouldn’t I?

If someone disagrees, fine, they can do their own cost sheets – but they should at least work out their costs, because the point I’m desperately trying to get home here is that doing a wasp job costs you much, much more than the 50 pence of ficam that some of the village idiots are letting themselves believe it does.

Different ares of the UK can charge different prices on wasp nest treatments . I charge £55.00. And have a few pestie friends up Glos charge £65.00, then other pestie mates up Nottingham charge £45.00.

Some areas will pay others will not, so adjust to your area and don't work for peanuts

TC please; I’m not trying to justify my prices, I’m not on here looking for clients, never have been, never will be.

My way of costing jobs works for me, I round everything up in my favour of course, why wouldn’t I?

If someone disagrees, fine, they can do their own cost sheets – but they should at least work out their costs, because the point I’m desperately trying to get home here is that doing a wasp job costs you much, much more than the 50 pence of ficam that some of the village idiots are letting themselves believe it does.

Of course it does, no one is disputing that. In your original post on your costings, you stated that the job will cost you.

So a wasp job might cost you:

Travel = £10

Tech Time = £15

Office Time = £5

Materials = £1

Sundries = £18

Total Cost = £49-00

£49-00 is what it cost you to do the job !!!!

Does enyone still think £36 is a sensible price to charge?

Lets look what it actually cost you.

As you stated travel was at £1 a mile I will take it the total mileage for the job was 10 miles.

£4.50 and that includes everything to do with your transport.

Office time £5

Materials 50p

The sundries, lets say you have new gear every year @ £360

and you only do 50 wasp nests a year.

£7.20.

So to do the job it has actually cost you £17.20.

You will now say about the tech monies. As a sole trader you are the tech, their monies unless you are subbing out is your remuneration for the job IT IS NOT A COST.

What you want to work for an hour is up to you. The way you are costing is false, if you are doing the jobs yourself. If you are subbing out to other people then fair enough you can then factor in what you pay them as a cost.

At the end of the year, no matter how you cost it you will have a top line. you deduct all your deductibles from it and what is left is your profit and as a sole trader you wages for doing the job is not deductible. All your drawings go towards your profit less deductions.

TC

Different ares of the UK can charge different prices on wasp nest treatments . I charge £55.00. And have a few pestie friends up Glos charge £65.00, then other pestie mates up Nottingham charge £45.00.

Some areas will pay others will not, so adjust to your area and don't work for peanuts

"don't work for peanuts",.....vital advice that, Bry,....lol

Of course it does, no one is disputing that. In your original post on your costings, you stated that the job will cost you.

So a wasp job might cost you:

Travel = £10

Tech Time = £15

Office Time = £5

Materials = £1

Sundries = £18

Total Cost = £49-00

£49-00 is what it cost you to do the job !!!!

Does enyone still think £36 is a sensible price to charge?

Lets look what it actually cost you.

As you stated travel was at £1 a mile I will take it the total mileage for the job was 10 miles.

£4.50 and that includes everything to do with your transport.

Office time £5

Materials 50p

The sundries, lets say you have new gear every year @ £360

and you only do 50 wasp nests a year.

£7.20.

So to do the job it has actually cost you £17.20.

You will now say about the tech monies. As a sole trader you are the tech, their monies unless you are subbing out is your remuneration for the job IT IS NOT A COST.

What you want to work for an hour is up to you. The way you are costing is false, if you are doing the jobs yourself. If you are subbing out to other people then fair enough you can then factor in what you pay them as a cost.

At the end of the year, no matter how you cost it you will have a top line. you deduct all your deductibles from it and what is left is your profit and as a sole trader you wages for doing the job is not deductible. All your drawings go towards your profit less deductions.

TC

Thank you for taking the time to explain that TC, believe it or not I do appreciate it – and infinitely more then simply being told I’m talking bollox.

In the context of my example of what ‘a wasp job might cost you’ I think adding the cost of the tech as paid staff is justified, if only to emphasize the point that any job is more complicated than just X amount of time on site for Y amount of money. And I think small PCO’s generally under-charge.

In regards to mileage; I don’t see why I wouldn’t round it up to £1 per mile; it’s not a tax return.

And as for the part-time-wanabe who’s suggested 50p for office costs; if you’re having calls direct to your mobile, never giving receipts and dumping your waste in the canal that might be true. For those of us who do things professionally £5 is nearer the mark.

:laugh:

"In regards to mileage; I don’t see why I wouldn’t round it up to £1 per mile; it’s not a tax return."

FFS you doing a costing, what It will actually cost you. You can charge what you like for mileage, but costings are the actual cost. .......It's just not sinking in is it? :laugh:

TC

• Like 1

Fabricated costs, ah i see why it costs you so much. must get my sundry costs back after 20 jobs, of course

Office - yes 50p for 1 call for a wasp nest, 1 x report, well that`s comes under stationary. Waste disposal £245 per year

As sole trader, I claim office use, storage of equipment/materials, stationary, home telephone etc etc all against my tax return.

£40-£50 for a wasp nest - perfect

Agree with tiercel, don`t think it sinks in does it Mud

Edited by shropshire mole

No mention anywhere of profit on materials lol.Thats why the building trade suits me fine +15% ,get in .You lads are also underestimating what the public perceive to pay for a professional service .Forget the other guy and earn more money for doing less work .You know it makes sense Rodney .

No mention anywhere of profit on materials lol.Thats why the building trade suits me fine +15% ,get in .You lads are also underestimating what the public perceive to pay for a professional service .Forget the other guy and earn more money for doing less work .You know it makes sense Rodney .

Materials he can make 200% on and still only end up with a couple of quid on each job.

TC

Deductible-are some of you under a misconception that because some costs are deductible they are free? Yes they are set against tax but you still spend the money! It still costs you. Mr Muddy has the best grasp on his business here as far as I can see.

I suggest you all have a look at your profit and loss sheet and see what your cost of sales are at the end of the year-your net profit is what you have actually made for yourself. The rest you have spent actually enabling you to earn it.

No mention of advertising costs-one of the biggest and one you need to get new wasp jobs.