Winter Ferreting Jacket?

I normally just wear a camo jacket handy for all the pockets to stuff nets and the locator box into never seem to zip it up and wear a Norwegian fleece under it for warmth and it shower proof

• 2 weeks later...

I asked a gouse moor keeper for advice after getting soaked through on saturday he says he has tried everything on the market and nothing lasts more than 2 years max. His advice was by cheap and replace on a regular basis.

My jacket is a river west which was not cheap which is just over 2 years old.

This is the first time it has let in water but saturday morning on the yorkshire dales was bad.

Going to look at a second hand wax proof had one years ago which i wore to destruction which never leaked.

My mate has spend thousands on sealand halrika and there were all rubbish.

He had the top of the range halrika replaced twice for leaking and had to buy an alternative after the second set because the shop would not replace a third time. They leaked within the first 3 months.

Edited by budgie123

Like Buster said the Carhartt chore is a good jacket in dry weather, they are tough as hell. Harkilla stuff is unbeatable but not cheap, I've got a Kammo Winchester jacket and for a mid priced jacket I'm very impressed with it, nice big pockets, breathable and waterproof many people don't get the best out of their clothing because they don't re-proof them after washing.