Winter Ferreting Jacket?

looking to buy myself a new ferreting jacket for coming season. has to be relatively waterproof and tough wearing for crawling into them spikey hedges to lay nets etc, oh and warm would be an advantage lol. any ideas folks?

Ridgeline jacket or smock very very tough and durable won't get ripped easy had 1 a while and used it a lot ferreting very rough hedges etc only downside sweat very bad in mine but might coz I a chubby little c..t

Ridgeline are pretty tough. I got mine at the start of lambing time this year and it faired pretty well kept me warm and dry and they are long so you can still keep your knees dry when your kneeling witch is a plus for lambing a ewe outside in the wet or putting down purse nets. Amd they have plenty pockets for stuff also the breast pockets are fleece/faux fur lined so there nice to put your hands in when there cold.

The trouble with any jackets is the really good waterproof ones will make you sweat your tits off even the ridgline ones will make you sweat even though there good jackets wind proof and water proof if you mind and keep the zips closed don't get me wrong couple things I've found handy that gets overlooked is moleskin jackets granted there not the most waterproof but they are breathable and showerproof and there warm and they don't make any rustling noise when walking plus they can take a bit of abuse just keep a ridgline jacket in the bottom of the bag or some proper waterproof jacket for when the heavens open up

Have you tried out this Stealth Gear Voon ? I keep looking at it and wondering if its worth a punt..

I tried the Deerhunter and the Sealand gear over last few seasons and none of it is waterproof on a nights lamping or days ferreting . . Still keep coming back to the old Wax Jacket for ferreting the hedges/thorns etc etc. . I'm yet to find a truly waterproof breathable all round jacket/trousers.

Also like the Kammo gear but that's a bit expensive.. But made to last. http://www.kammo.co.uk/

Have you tried out this Stealth Gear Voon ? I keep looking at it and wondering if its worth a punt..

I tried the Deerhunter and the Sealand gear over last few seasons and none of it is waterproof on a nights lamping or days ferreting . . Still keep coming back to the old Wax Jacket for ferreting the hedges/thorns etc etc. . I'm yet to find a truly waterproof breathable all round jacket/trousers.

Also like the Kammo gear but that's a bit expensive.. But made to last. http://www.kammo.co.uk/

Had been debating about buying the trousers, but some lads reckon their two warm and noisy, but at that price might be worth a shot, anyone else bought them? I would want them for a bit of stalking as well.

Had been debating about buying the trousers, but some lads reckon their two warm and noisy, but at that price might be worth a shot, anyone else bought them? I would want them for a bit of stalking as well.

looks too good to be true on the price ... keep us posted if you do buy any of this gear.I would love to know if its any good or as good as the other stuff for sale.