Sparrowhawk

jasper65

Just a couple of pic's of the little spar I have now finished flying which will be released in the next month or so, there is no doubt about it she has been the best spar I have flown in the way she stick to her quarry right to the bitter end, she was a bird brought to me after hitting a wire aviary and part of her Rehabilitation was getting her fit and flying again.

Cheers

Tony

Martha4.jpg

spar1.jpg

Hello Gareth

She's a very special bird to fly mate, the only problem she has is she has a tendency to self hunt, but this is expected from a wild bird that has Hunted in the wild, as far as flying her it was like watching a Master craftsman at work, If you look at the picture of the maggie you'll see its soaking wet, she chased it through the woods and nailed it at the other end, by the time I arrived she had dragged it down to a small ditch and was holding it under the water, it was as if she had done this a few times in the wild, the Dove was flown down over a great distance which started off from the roadside, straight through someone's garden and carried on out of site across a Cow field, by the time I arrived this was dragged into a ditch too but this one was as good as dry, this bird when hunting has class stamped right through it which she obviously learnt from her numerouse kills in the wild, on another occasion I was flying her on a landfill site when she Bound to a Gull about 80-100 feet in the air, she did'nt have the weight to pull it down, she finally let go only to gain height again and latch onto it once more before finally giving up, without doubt she is a diamond.

Cheers

Tony

• 3 weeks later...