Animal Testing On Beagles

Sorry but if it saves human lives , it needs to be done , no animal is as important as a human ..................my Mom died of breast cancer in her 50s , if it saved her . , what or who they tested the drugs on is irrelavent to me .

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is completely unecessary when we have paedophiles and rapists locked up serving no purpose.

Medical testing no prob, cosmetic no

I don't think that we should be using highly intelligent animals that have evolved, through our own manipulation of their genes, to work and live alongside us. Dogs are far more sentient and emotional

Goverment approval has been granted for the breeding of beagles for use in animal testing in grimston east yorks, so far 40.000 signatures have been received against this. Now i dont know how you stand on this,but im not fond of animals being used like this in the name of research. The one thing that annoys me is Brian may has spoken out against this unit and i find myself in agreement with him, and that hurts.Whats your views. :hmm:

As long as the animals are treated as humanely as possible I'm not opposed to using them for medical research.

It is completely unecessary when we have paedophiles and rapists locked up serving no purpose.

Wouldn't work. You need healthy specimens which are representative of their species. We call those convicts sicko's for a reason, there's something wrong with their wiring IMHO.

• Like 2

Goverment approval has been granted for the breeding of beagles for use in animal testing in grimston east yorks, so far 40.000 signatures have been received against this. Now i dont know how you stand on this,but im not fond of animals being used like this in the name of research. The one thing that annoys me is Brian may has spoken out against this unit and i find myself in agreement with him, and that hurts.Whats your views. :hmm:

As long as the animals are treated as humanely as possible I'm not opposed to using them for medical research.

Wouldn't work. You need healthy specimens which are representative of their species. We call those convicts sicko's for a reason, there's something wrong with their wiring IMHO.

Even the dogs have to be specially bred for use in testing, the lines of Beagles they use go back decades :yes:

I'm not really against it, but would they not be better testing on something genetically closer to humans? Like pigs for example? If it was rats mice or cats I wouldn't really give a fook lol I think it's just the fact that they are using dogs that strikes me. Just because I've had dogs all my life and the relationships I've had with them? Do you think it's just because we are probably all dog lovers on here and they are using dogs, that strikes the nerve or is it genuinely animal testing in it's entirety?

I'm sure they're using the dogs for a reason and not just because they're easy to come by or whatever, huge amounts of research and justification has to go into any test on animals.

We do tend to get a bit overly emotional when it comes to dogs, just look at any thread about eating dog meat.

• Like 1

I don't think that we should be using highly intelligent animals that have evolved, through our own manipulation of their genes, to work and live alongside us. Dogs are far more sentient and emotional an animal that a rat, for example. Pigs may be vastly intelligent, but there again, the domestic pig has evolved to be treated as a farm animal, not a companion or pet. I don't pretend to understand the intricacies of pig intelligence, nor their personal perception of pain, but I do understand how dogs feel pain having lived with them for the whole of my life. Whilst part of me acknowledges that I do have a subjective emotional reaction to the mistreatment of dogs, I still think that the genetic 'blueprint' which allows them to share our lives at a level almost unknown in other species is a trust that should never be abused in the way that medical testing does. There is a huge difference between a rat and a dog.

• Like 3

I don't think that we should be using highly intelligent animals that have evolved, through our own manipulation of their genes, to work and live alongside us. Dogs are far more sentient and emotional an animal that a rat, for example. Pigs may be vastly intelligent, but there again, the domestic pig has evolved to be treated as a farm animal, not a companion or pet. I don't pretend to understand the intricacies of pig intelligence, nor their personal perception of pain, but I do understand how dogs feel pain having lived with them for the whole of my life. Whilst part of me acknowledges that I do have a subjective emotional reaction to the mistreatment of dogs, I still think that the genetic 'blueprint' which allows them to share our lives at a level almost unknown in other species is a trust that should never be abused in the way that medical testing does. There is a huge difference between a rat and a dog.

that's what I meant to say lol

You know I've always said I agree with any animal testing as long as it's done for a justifiable reason and always thought it hypocritical not to include dogs in that but your comments about how it's abusing the trust in us they've evolved to have has given me a lot of food for thought, you may well have changed my opinion on the matter :thumbs:

Maybe it's the evolutionary link that gives us such a visceral reaction to abuse of dogs more so than other animals? :hmm:

• Like 1