Best Rifle Cleaner?

I use KG12 big bore cleaner . I put a few drops on to a brass bore brush give it a few passes and leave a few minutes then repeat before swabbing clean . Remember to wash the brush afterwards as the KG12 is corrosive . I find it a good product that removes all the fouling in the barrel .

No don't bother , I soak a patch in methylated spirit and run it through on a jag then repeat with clean patches until they come out clean . One bottle of KG12 and bottle of meths will last ages . I don't put oil in the barrel as it will affect accuracy .the only time I put any sort of oil in the barrel is if I am storing it a while , but I always remove any oil before shooting .

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 2

There isn't a best, there are a lot of cleaners about, and the one people use is the best.

I have tried a lot over the years, none of them truly impresses me, they all come with work and effort of some sort.

butches bore shine is the worst stuff i have ever used,try it your self ,put some on a penny and watch ,then watch some more ! nothing happens ..kg12 will react with in seconds cleaning the penny and leaving it looking like new , put a little bit of oil on your patch and put it down your barrel ,then patch it out till dry.

I've tried several brands over the years and my preference is ballistol.

The universal oil is used on every part of my rifle it protects, maintains and lubricates, ok on stock also wood or synthetic.

bsllistol ROBLA SOLO bore cleaner is best I've used.

• 2 weeks later...