Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Terry 1975
      Good morning,

After deliberating over it for years, I have finally decided to (attempt) to learn how to succesfully forage for free wild food. I will be on a 5 hour guided forage around the outskirts of Rochdale, led by David Winnard this Sunday. The event looks to be exactly what I am looking for, a very competent guide and the site is reasonably close to home. I have another guided forage booked in November which will be led by somebody from an enterprise called 'Cracking Good Food' which again, seems to be led by experts.
      I searched the internet and found only these two events. I would like to be out more often. Does anybody know of any local club or similar that I might be able to join that will help me to identify wild food? I am in the Manchester/Bury area.
      Thanks in advance.

• By ChrisJones
      Chan Hong Meng received a one-star Michelin rating for his food cart in Singapore. To thank his customers for his success he's kept his trademark chicken at a little under two quid making it the cheapest Michelin starred meal in the world.

• By Miss Lynn
      Once upon a time, just down the road from here, I was served the most delicious cottage pie, it was made with venison from a roe deer. To this day I have yet to try making one with venison, and unfortunately I am unable to ask the person who made it for me for the recipe. BUT, I will be having friends in from Horsey for the weekend, and I would love to attempt to make one for us to have for dinner one evening.

My problem is the length of time to cook the venison before putting it in the pie, so as not to undercook or overcook the meat by the time the whole cooking process is complete. I also wonder what herbs/spices do you use in the venison filling ? I abhor rosemary, but other than that I am open to your suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Lynn
    • By *The*Field*Marshall*
      Got some roe liver coming my way, the mrs has been given iron supplements so I figure some liver will do her good. Best way to cook it folks??
    • By UThunter
      Try this recipe this weekend. Try it with an elk steak or even a deer steak.
      https://wildforage.wordpress.com/201...oasted-ribeye/