Looks Like Myxomatosis To Me?

Certainly does like myxi sounds crude but I sometimes take them headshot with CF so the real only way to know if it's infected with myxi is to check it's anus.

When I shoot myxi rabbits I put them in a stink pit in field or into a big drum to stink up and use as bait threw the winter.

I don't wont to leave the infected ones on my permission, and yes I would like to shoot the infected ones to keep the myx at bay, but I also keep domestic rabbits. Tonight I came onto my land without passing my domestic rabbits and burnt the infected carcass, and disinfected my boots ect...is the best bet, or is the disease dormant in a dead rabbit so can be binned with the guts from the skinned ones??

It's carried by a flea that will leave the rabbit as it cools so even disposing of dead myxi rabbits you could still bring a flea back on yourself to infect your rabbits

It's carried by a flea that will leave the rabbit as it cools so even disposing of dead myxi rabbits you could still bring a flea back on yourself to infect your rabbits

So, dispose of said rabbit and change clothes, boots ect to minimise the risk, or leave the dam thing where its killed if there are obvious signs of Myxi?

Also to add, rabbits can recover from myxi so I don't know if I'd shoot all the ones that are infected, I'm not advocating leaving an animal to suffer but if it seem to be fairing okay and isn't blind ? I maybe wrong on this count but I'd be interested on other peoples opinions. As for your other post regarding how many to take, if you have maxi you can either clear house and take as many as you can before myxi decimates them in the hope you will be recommended and gain other permissions or leave them be almost altogether and hope that the myxi doesn't do for them all.

I'd definitely agree with that. We tend to find that in areas that have been hit by myxi they soon fight back (especially more recently) and the numbers soon return. I'm convinced that there is a significant degree of resistance building up to the disease, locally at least! Im also convinced that after correcting jolly old corrective text for what seems like forever on this post I'll probably have a hassy fit and abandon all atte mpfx at a cohecive post ;)

Is this the field you posted about recently where there are decent numbers of rabbits (at the moment) and you wanted advise on how many to shoot so you can look like you're doing a good job but can still keep some numbers to preserve your sport?

I hope it's not mixi for your sake or you might have to start knocking on a few more doors.

The doe passes on myxi threw a flea in the nest and between that and coccidixous will kill a load of young rabbits , but I'm in two minds about shooting them the farmers see them as they bumble about but then they can also recover , But if I shoot one I pick it up to see what condition it's in and take it home for ferret grub or ditch it for fox bait