Would Fox Hunters Vote To Bring Back Hare Coursing. No.! So Who Gives A Shit

times move on, there is very very little interest on the hunting life, about the hunting ban, greyhound hare coursing people blame lurcher lads, but there were always more antis and protesters at the waterloo cup, than there was with the small lurcher clubs, and the forley cup, at least the lads and lasses are gathering massive momentum regarding organising a new march, more than the people on here are doing,, this place is just a den for bickering and arguing now.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a small minded, ignorant view. All fieldsports, especially all working dog sports MUST stand together. The way things are going it won't be long until it is illegal to hunt a rabbit. May I refer

I'm one of those " hunt boys" hounds, terriers and fox hunting is my job day to day it's what I get paid for and what keeps a roof over my head, I keep Lurchers and ferrets because I love rabbiting in

The difference is the hound and terrier men don't post all over the Internet how many fox they have killed !! You get a lot of boys with lurchers not dogmen a far cry from that but as I said boys with

i was at the great yorkshire show for three days max working with the eagle display right next to the country side alliance tent, they blame lurcher lads for the ban, but there were more antis and protestors at the waterloo cup, than the forley cup if you catch my drift

the country side alliance tent, they blame lurcher lads for the ban

That's very interesting, you should've recorded that or got it in writing. I'd cancel my membership there and then on the spot if I'd heard it first hand.

Ture about young lads putting pics on Facebook I'm a young lad who has just got into working but I never take pics that's just me im very privet about what I do I don't understand why people have to tell the world what they do So will hunting fox lurcher still be illegal or will it be legal

Edited by green dragon

Ive been engaged in field sports for years. I shoot with shotgun and rifle. I shoot rabbits, pigeons, pheasants deer and foxes. When I shoot a fox its quick, and instantaneous. The ethos at all levels of my spot is a quick and humane kill. Something deeply troubles me about foxhunting with a pack of dogs by upper class twits on horseback who aren't actually hunting, just following the dogs who are. I don't agree with running something down for hours having first blocked up its refuges. I didn't go with badger baiting either, reducing the odds in favour of the dogs by breaking the badgers limbs first. There's something basically unfair about it and unnecessarily inhumane. Fox hunting is 'above' other field sports, different, inefficient, over complicated not for the common man unless you find you are unnaturally drawn as a hanger on. I do understand the tradition and spectacle, but that doesn't balance the scales for me. I wouldn't care a toss if it got banned

I was standing with a tenant farmer mate once whos farm forms part of a large private estate. The toffs galloped past and knocked one of his fences over. The farmer remonstrated with him as he galloped off, and the toff stopped. In his stupid plum in the mouth accent he said to my mate " Do you own this land" and my mate said "No.. Im a tenant but its me whos going to have to repair the fence" The Toff said " No you don't do you.. so shut up " He rode of to join the rest of the silver spoon brigade who were born into money and had never had to work for it.

Another time I was on a single track road and was confronted by about a dozen vehicles full of zombies following the hunt who simply stopped in the road, blocking it completely. I got out of the pickup and told the I had to get through as I was picking up the kids from school. They all looked at each other and refused to engaged me in conversation, just all smirking and giggling amongst themselves. I had to reverse about a quarter of a mile. I was so angry

I was a member of a shoot years ago who had a lot of trouble with the hunt and they were told not to come onto the land. The farmer locked the gate with padlock and chain. When we turned up on that part of the shoot on Saturday morning, the lock had been smashed off and there were hoof prints everywhere. The complaint fell on deaf ears.

They are their own worst enemy

• Like 2

i agree with you max, and undersatand your point, in the past the different coursing clubs i ran with over the years most of them you had to be a paid up member, and show your membership, to become a member of some of the coursing clubs, i knew a lot of good people, the ban has done nothing except damage to hares, hare coursing, and the people involved in hare coursing, but i do feel the countryside alliance are not doing much for us these days

• Like 2

Ive been engaged in field sports for years. I shoot with shotgun and rifle. I shoot rabbits, pigeons, pheasants deer and foxes. When I shoot a fox its quick, and instantaneous. The ethos at all levels of my spot is a quick and humane kill. Something deeply troubles me about foxhunting with a pack of dogs by upper class twits on horseback who aren't actually hunting, just following the dogs who are. I don't agree with running something down for hours having first blocked up its refuges. I didn't go with badger baiting either, reducing the odds in favour of the dogs by breaking the badgers limbs first. There's something basically unfair about it and unnecessarily inhumane. Fox hunting is 'above' other field sports, different, inefficient, over complicated not for the common man unless you find you are unnaturally drawn as a hanger on. I do understand the tradition and spectacle, but that doesn't balance the scales for me. I wouldn't care a toss if it got banned

I was standing with a tenant farmer mate once whos farm forms part of a large private estate. The toffs galloped past and knocked one of his fences over. The farmer remonstrated with him as he galloped off, and the toff stopped. In his stupid plum in the mouth accent he said to my mate " Do you own this land" and my mate said "No.. Im a tenant but its me whos going to have to repair the fence" The Toff said " No you don't do you.. so shut up " He rode of to join the rest of the silver spoon brigade who were born into money and had never had to work for it.

Another time I was on a single track road and was confronted by about a dozen vehicles full of zombies following the hunt who simply stopped in the road, blocking it completely. I got out of the pickup and told the I had to get through as I was picking up the kids from school. They all looked at each other and refused to engaged me in conversation, just all smirking and giggling amongst themselves. I had to reverse about a quarter of a mile. I was so angry

I was a member of a shoot years ago who had a lot of trouble with the hunt and they were told not to come onto the land. The farmer locked the gate with padlock and chain. When we turned up on that part of the shoot on Saturday morning, the lock had been smashed off and there were hoof prints everywhere. The complaint fell on deaf ears.

being a lurcher lad, i could say the same about you lot

• Like 4

You sound like a anti coming out with "badger baiting" and such. Also you never miss or fail to get a kill shot do you? I fcking very much doubt it!!
  • Like 6

We don't all partake in fox hunting, but my stand point is that they are the front line in protecting hunting and fishing in this country. Unity is the only way, if you think for a second that your sport won't be next you're very much mistaken, and if we fail at protecting our country pursuits 20 years down the line anglers might be saying exactly what you are now about your sport. Guns have their flaws and its generally the folk behind the trigger, i've used owned shotguns and shot rifles plenty , I've also born witness to incompetence behind the trigger, and a friend of mine gets plenty of cull animals from misplaced shooting, that said we should all go about our business to despatch quarry as humanly as possible. Maybe you should get yourself out with some foot packs and see the working man's side of things if it the aristocracy you've a problem with. Plenty of folk have nothing to do with fox hunting but are deeply affected by the hunting with dogs act. No true hunter would condone baiting of any animal and to make the comparison stinks of ignorance. Even bringing the two subjects together in the same topic sounds like something an anti would do.

I love the fact that because I disagree with you , you assume that I am incompetent behind a trigger. How are you relating that to my opinions on foxhunting? I haven't said that foxhunters are incompetent The fact is that , generally, people who go out and shoot don't go out to deliberately stress or terrify an animal and when it comes to the coup de grace, the intention is a clean kill. Generally, especially with rifling foxes, its very quick and we wouldn't have it any other way. Whether it goes right or not, the mind-set is a quick clean humane dispatch. You cant say that about foxhunting. I know people who have guns who are down right dangerous because they haven't got a clue. If you're asking me should people pass a practical test or receive training before being granted an FAC, I'd probably agree with you, but that's a matter for people more important than me. Even the most incompetent gun have the right intentions

Moving on to your assumption that I am an anti? My comparison to badger baiting was purely to demonstrate the sense of fairness, I was not trying to link the two. And do you mean..anti fieldsports or anti foxhunting? If you mean the former you clearly haven't got the sense you were born with. If you mean the latter.. yep..you are probably right. All of us live our lives forming opinions as we are acted upon by experiences. My experiences of foxhunting have led me to dislike it. I don't disagree with hunting with dogs, most field sports use it in one form or another, and I have no problem with coursing, lamping rabbits with dogs etc. coursing as, in my mind, its a natural more fair thing. It doesn't last for ages and the end is quick. Foxhunting isn't like that. I know the fox gets away on occasion but I like to see a contest, not a one sided massacre tailored for the enjoyment of the followers.

If foxhunting goes..it wont break my heart..my sense of fairness will be appeased. I'll take my chances with my own fieldsports. At least they can be linked to a need..ie the humane reduction in vermin..more easily than foxhunting..which just comes across as an unnecessarily barbaric comic parody of vermin control. I could even put up a reasonable argument in support of pheasant shooting more easily than foxhunting.I'd never actually vote against foxhunting, because I agree that it WOULD weaken our position, but it has to try to stand on its own two feet without bleating about requiring the assistance of people who, in my experience, its participants generally look down their noses at. Reap what you sow.

We don't all partake in fox hunting, but my stand point is that they are the front line in protecting hunting and fishing in this country. Unity is the only way, if you think for a second that your sport won't be next you're very much mistaken, and if we fail at protecting our country pursuits 20 years down the line anglers might be saying exactly what you are now about your sport. Guns have their flaws and its generally the folk behind the trigger, i've used owned shotguns and shot rifles plenty , I've also born witness to incompetence behind the trigger, and a friend of mine gets plenty of cull animals from misplaced shooting, that said we should all go about our business to despatch quarry as humanly as possible. Maybe you should get yourself out with some foot packs and see the working man's side of things if it the aristocracy you've a problem with. Plenty of folk have nothing to do with fox hunting but are deeply affected by the hunting with dogs act. No true hunter would condone baiting of any animal and to make the comparison stinks of ignorance. Even bringing the two subjects together in the same topic sounds like something an anti would do.

I love the fact that because I disagree with you , you assume that I am incompetent behind a trigger. How are you relating that to my opinions on foxhunting? I haven't said that foxhunters are incompetent The fact is that , generally, people who go out and shoot don't go out to deliberately stress or terrify an animal and when it comes to the coup de grace, the intention is a clean kill. Generally, especially with rifling foxes, its very quick and we wouldn't have it any other way. Whether it goes right or not, the mind-set is a quick clean humane dispatch. You cant say that about foxhunting. I know people who have guns who are down right dangerous because they haven't got a clue. If you're asking me should people pass a practical test or receive training before being granted an FAC, I'd probably agree with you, but that's a matter for people more important than me. Even the most incompetent gun have the right intentions

Moving on to your assumption that I am an anti? My comparison to badger baiting was purely to demonstrate the sense of fairness, I was not trying to link the two. And do you mean..anti fieldsports or anti foxhunting? If you mean the former you clearly haven't got the sense you were born with. If you mean the latter.. yep..you are probably right. All of us live our lives forming opinions as we are acted upon by experiences. My experiences of foxhunting have led me to dislike it. I don't disagree with hunting with dogs, most field sports use it in one form or another, and I have no problem with coursing, lamping rabbits with dogs etc. coursing as, in my mind, its a natural more fair thing. It doesn't last for ages and the end is quick. Foxhunting isn't like that. I know the fox gets away on occasion but I like to see a contest, not a one sided massacre tailored for the enjoyment of the followers.

If foxhunting goes..it wont break my heart..my sense of fairness will be appeased. I'll take my chances with my own fieldsports. At least they can be linked to a need..ie the humane reduction in vermin..more easily than foxhunting..which just comes across as an unnecessarily barbaric comic parody of vermin control. I could even put up a reasonable argument in support of pheasant shooting more easily than foxhunting.I'd never actually vote against foxhunting, because I agree that it WOULD weaken our position, but it has to try to stand on its own two feet without bleating about requiring the assistance of people who, in my experience, its participants generally look down their noses at. Reap what you sow.

They want to ban lead. who you going to call?

Well said Max, I make no bones about being a hunting man but I guess I'm just one of the "unnatural hangers on" because I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth. I'm also not naive enough to to know that everyone on a horse is a posh twit or that foxes are run into the ground for hours.

Pheasant shooting........isn't that the one that rich toffs with plums in their mouths pay thousands to drive up to a peg in a Range Rover or helicopter then pull out two Purdey's whilst hangers on walk through a covert pushing birds over them whilst another hanger on loads the guns and other hangers on collect the dead or pricked birds [sic]

• Like 4

Not all fox packs ride to hounds. What about the footpacks in the lakes and Wales. It's a class war no doubt about it but please don't

tar all fox packs with the same brush. In my own opinion a lot of the hare coursing lads can't really moan because they brought about

their own demise with their couldn't care less attitude about how they went about their own sport. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

They should make it law that rifle shooters should have a dog present to follow up wounded foxes.rifles are not a 100% kill.if s lurched gets hold of fox it'd normally gone in secs.and you should look up the difference between baiting and digging.