Lurcher Recall?

Salukis are the devil this one is getting a lot better..... but I have never, ever, had a dog that actively and cuntishly tested my patience to the limit like this desert blooded fuuck has/does

Good luck :laugh:

Salukis are the devil this one is getting a lot better..... but I have never, ever, had a dog that actively and cuntishly tested my patience to the limit like this desert blooded fuuck has/does

Good luck :laugh:

i had a saluki type and reading your posts im guessing mine was as bad not sure what made me stick it out with such a mellow attitude probably because im getting older and the stress would have killed me but soon as she was introduced to bit game she switched almost instantly,none of that fecking off to say hi to another dog 3 mile away or cocking a deaf on recall she had become a pleasure to own,you really got be a friend to them types i was told and it worked lol

It's because you are not engaging with her. These sorts of dogs don't 'do' obedience in the way that a Collie or Bull lurcher does. They only 'obey' if there's something in it for them, and just coming to you because you told them to is not in their DNA. Getting the dog to see you as the source of major fun, engaging its prey drive, is the key. Get the dog playing tug (see the tug articles I wrote on the home page of this site), but using a rabbit skin lure to lure the dog in for a mad game of chase the 'furry thing', is just as good, providing you call the shots. It's all about tapping into their drive and what makes them feel good.

Punishment or food treats don't really cut it with these dogs: prey is everything. Not difficult to get them into this mode as long as you use lateral thinking and see it from their point of view. Make yourself exciting and interesting: play with the dog. Play is a powerful tool and really helps the dog to see you as something useful in its life, rather than just a grumpy so and so who is always telling it what to do.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

Had this problem, my advise call them in 3 times if they don't listen walk of and leave it they soon come looking for u don't give it a rollocking or slap Tha will make them not want to come back lots of praise is the key. Hope this helps