18 Rabbits & 2 Collard Doves

I went back to my rabbit permission yesterday, this time on my own as couldn't get my usual partners to come due to other commitments.

I got there at about 2pm'ish, set up and cracked straight on. It's only about 6-7 acres but it's over run with rabbits, the damage they're doing is unbelievable! It's no longer safe for the land owner to drive his mower near the ditches as they're collapsing.

I've been shooting there for about 3 years now and have probably taken close to 400 rabbits but is not really made a difference yet, I bring up the idea of ferreting them yesterday but he's still not to keen as he likes the idea of silenced air rifles so as not to spook the dogs.

Most of the rabbits where shot between 15-45yards but I had a few cracking shots, 3-4 between 57-65 yards during the day and the best of the lot was with the nightvision on...77yards straight in behind the eye. It dropped like a stone! I even managed to get that one on video. When I get it all edited I'll post it on here it'll probably be next week sometime though.

After speaking with the land owner about this and that he asked me to thin out the doves/pigeons as there eating all his chicken feed so I kindly obliged..

Here's a few pics

post-73149-143652527094_thumb.jpg

My eldest helping investigate them!

post-73149-143652533448_thumb.jpg

Thanks

• Like 6

Cheers lads.

Yes stealthy1, I was pleased as punch with it. I just glad I recorded it lol

I also hit one face on at 64/5 yards as it stood up facing my I put one straight into its heart and it dropped like a stone. At first I thought it must have been closer then I ranged it at and the pellet had hit high but when I got to it it had landed exactly where I'd aimed for it to...

This .177 is super accurate! I love it

• Like 1

Proper bag full there must weigh a bit as well,good going that I've not seen that many shot for a good couple of years and to get them all from 6/7 acres and there's plenty more? Good little spot by the sounds of it and some good sport and dinners to be had for a while to come?

Get pestering/convincing about ferreting it and you could bag a van full!!

• Like 1

Cheers lads. Yes stealthy1, I was pleased as punch with it. I just glad I recorded it lol I also hit one face on at 64/5 yards as it stood up facing my I put one straight into its heart and it dropped like a stone. At first I thought it must have been closer then I ranged it at and the pellet had hit high but when I got to it it had landed exactly where I'd aimed for it to... This .177 is super accurate! I love it

Great shooting PP :yes:

Rez ! Rez! have you read this yet ? :tongue2::laugh:

• Like 2

Proper bag full there must weigh a bit as well,good going that I've not seen that many shot for a good couple of years and to get them all from 6/7 acres and there's plenty more? Good little spot by the sounds of it and some good sport and dinners to be had for a while to come?

Get pestering/convincing about ferreting it and you could bag a van full!!

There is a unbelievable amount there mate, I've got the permission on another 10 acres next door but don't shoot it as much as the grass is a lot longer and the shooting so good this side lol, I took a mate a week or so ago and I managed 20 and he got 5. Im sure it's abot further down the page.

It's really good sport there mate, I love it. I actually had an article posted in AGW of me shooting this bit of land, I've got the issue somewhere I'll have to dig it out.

My freezer is full so is my mates, a lot of the ones from last night went to a few different farms I shoot for their cats.