Victor 120-2 Is Illegal.. Update On Use.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And only in England

Now, what needs to be answered is; who put the 120-2 on the 'clone' list by naming them specifically and, WHY?

look at this.. duke 116 on the stao... but for greys no mention of mink and its a 116.. more confusion.   http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1427/made

Posted Images

Why name the duke 116 for squirrels only, when you could use it in the clone guise for rabbits and mink as well? The Duke is just about identical to the BMI..

my thoughts too.. one more thing i didnt think duke listed a 116 at the moment so i wonder where thats going to appear for sale?? i must admit i have not looked around for them any sense so someone might find em and post a link if they turn up for retail uk or u.s. it will be interesting to see the price. ive been in contact with bill a few years back but i wont bother them about 116's im sure others are on the case so i will wait and see what comes home to roost :thumbs:

55s ive not used but it sounds like very good news for owners of that model. just a shame the 120 was not added and belise clarified.. maybe next time if someones listening.

just remember the amendment is not in effect for a few weeks just a reminder so nobody jumps the gun in excitement :D .

Why name the duke 116 for squirrels only, when you could use it in the clone guise for rabbits and mink as well? The Duke is just about identical to the BMI..

my thoughts too.. one more thing i didnt think duke listed a 116 at the moment so i wonder where thats going to appear for sale?? i must admit i have not looked around for them any sense so someone might find em and post a link if they turn up for retail uk or u.s. it will be interesting to see the price. ive been in contact with bill a few years back but i wont bother them about 116's im sure others are on the case so i will wait and see what comes home to roost :thumbs:

55s ive not used but it sounds like very good news for owners of that model. just a shame the 120 was not added and belise clarified.. maybe next time if someones listening.

just remember the amendment is not in effect for a few weeks just a reminder so nobody jumps the gun in excitement :D .

Seen as the Duke 116 is to be listed for Squirrel, (and not mink) has me thinking that it should read Duke 110, and it might be an error!

Unless Duke are now going to make a 116 for the UK market, and if that's the case, well the whole clone idea has to be scratched altogether!

Seen as the Duke 116 is to be listed for Squirrel, (and not mink) has me thinking that it should read Duke 110, and it might be an error!

Unless Duke are now going to make a 116 for the UK market, and if that's the case, well the whole clone idea has to be scratched altogether!

i thought its 116 but not 116 'magnum' thats possibly why squirrel without mink.. standard jaw 116.

i thought its 116 but not 116 'magnum' thats possibly why squirrel without mink.. standard jaw 116.

There ya go! More confusion! If its 116 standard jaw, well then it's not a clone!

Why bother adding it! It's of no real addition! Why add a stronger spring to a trap that doesn't close tightly like a Magnum!

If it has a Magnum jaw, why not treat it as a clone, and approve it for mink!

This is causing more questions than answers!

• Like 1

Can someone remind me where it states that the use of 'clone traps' is legal? Is there a definitive on what constitutes a clone and, more importantly, what doesn't? Or is this as cloudy as what constitutes a tunnel/cubby?

If the Duke is a clone of the BMI, why did it have to be approved, specifically? Surely the fact it is a 'clone' gives it approval in this context, and therefore viable for use on mink and rabbits, like the BMI 116?

NE appear to be tying what was once a very simple procedure and legislation in knots, their 'expert on traps and trapping' needs to get his facts straight - he can't just change his mind on legality, surely?

Edited by OldTrapCollector

Can someone remind me where it states that the use of 'clone traps' is legal? Is there a definitive on what constitutes a clone and, more importantly, what doesn't?

Yes I can - it's on the STAO. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2012/13/pdfs/uksi_20120013_en.pdf

Section 2 on the first page states:

Approval of Spring Traps

2.—(1) For the purposes of section 8(3) of the Pests Act 1954, the following spring traps are approved, namely—

(a) any spring trap of a type and make specified in any entry in Column 1 of the Schedule; and

(b ) any spring trap which is equivalent in all relevant respects to a spring trap of a type and make specified in any entry in Column 1 of the Schedule

It then goes on to define what equivalent means

(3) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b ), a spring trap is equivalent in all relevant respects to a spring trap of a type and make specified in the Schedule if it corresponds to the spring trap so specified in construction, in materials, in impact force or momentum, and in all other respects which are relevant to its effect or manner of operation as a trap.

Thank you John

So surely one type of 110 size bodygrip would be 'equivalent' to another? And it would follow that one type of 116 would be the equiv of another type, and so raises the question of why bother approving the Duke 116 when it is equiv of BMI 116 anyway? And why reduce the number of target animals for one type than the other. It makes absolutely no sense at all

• Like 1