Greece Says "no"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-33403665

Good on them I say! :good: Going to be tough for them, but like a rotten tooth - pulling it out will hurt more than the ache, but once it's out it's better than having it fester for years and years. Have they exchanged a few generations of lingering pain for a shorter, sharper one? :hmm:

I'm off there in 4 weeks, should be interesting! :laugh:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The first thing you need to know is just how a free market works when making a loan, the risks of it not being paid back is weighed up, the riskier the deal the higher the "Upfront charges" and intere

At last, someone in Europe has told the emperor that he isnt waring any clothes !!.......been a long time coming but maybe Greece just did more for freedom and democracy than any country since the war

Back to the Drachma 1 for 1 on every Euro they owe. Fire up the printing presses and inflate the debt away paying it back with monopoly money. Drachma looses value and millions of Germans, Frogs and B

Posted Images

The hardships their own government will now have to impose are not as hard as those the French and Germans....sorry I meant the ECB and IMF........ would have imposed.

They have had the courage to take their fate into their own hands......and I, for one, respect them for that at least !

• Like 5

At last, someone in Europe has told the emperor that he isnt waring any clothes !!.......been a long time coming but maybe Greece just did more for freedom and democracy than any country since the war ;)

• Like 9

Short sharp shock and regaining some control of their affairs will do the plate smashers some good. Bit like Iceland who since they told the bankers to feck off are doing quite well. Funny how you never hear owt of Iceland these days. :whistling:

• Like 5

Its fitting that the mother of democracy should show the true power of the people.

Now watch the Euro-slaves move heaven and earth try to stop the whole house of cards come tumbling down!

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 4

ECB and IMF have tried to beat Greece into submission - their education and health services are almost at a standstill - and there will undoubtedly be further crisis. 'The markets don't like it...', 'Angela Merkel will be concerned.....', 'Creditors will be meeting urgently.....'........

Not a mention that the Greeks have been asked , and they have answered........they have decided to sort this out on their own terms, and if that means leaving the EU and the Euro, then so be it.

I think it's a shame that Yanis Varou-whatshisface has resigned (as politicians go, I quite liked him) but I absolutely love his leaving statement about his country's creditors...."I will wear their loathing with pride."

Can't we find him a safe seat somewhere ?

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 2

Been watching this unfold for months now and I hope it works out well for the Greeks, but they have got whats basically a communist government (or at least one with communist leanings) and we all know how well communism works. The EU are going to do everything they can to punish them for daring to say "fcuk off" too.

and now would be the time to tell the EU sorry chaps but were not paying anything into the kitty until we have our referendum watch them squirm then theyed be bankrupt as well as Greece the krauts and the French would bend over backwards to renegotiate then , but all this makes to much sense for our politicians to do anything

Edited by TOPPER

The hardships their own government will now have to impose are not as hard as those the French and Germans....sorry I meant the ECB and IMF........ would have imposed.

They have had the courage to take their fate into their own hands......and I, for one, respect them for that at least !

The shower running our country should have done the same

Good fior them.

We will do the same come our referendum.

I mean why wouldn't we.

You only need to look at Calais to see the contempt out euro partners show to the UK.

Only people who wish to destroy the union would even contemplate joining that f***ing mess.

They have never liked the uk and only Reason we are even invited to the table is cz of our nukes and the leverage they can be used for.

How about Cameron asking the EU to help pay for them if they so wish us to join.

Btw it's a load of pish anyway.

Cameron is currently pushing for better deals do he can influence us in the upcoming referendum. However did you actually know. That no matter what deal they make it will only be a verbal thing. As the actual proposal will only be voted on AFTER the UK referendum.

So were expected to make a vote on the offchance that the EU vote in favour of the uk proposals.

Sounds like a f***ing stitch up

• Like 2