Vizlauk it will be used to carry drinking water to the pens for the birds ibc pallet won't fit our quad trailer very well makes it top heavy a bit hairy when towing .+ the last one we had was very hard to clean out.We lost a a lot of poults last year in one pen that was fed by ibc tank our own fault as we could not get the tank as clean as it should have been and even after we flushed the alkerthean feed pipes we still found slugs blocking the system of drinking bells . the other pens are on a different system ballcock tanks and we lost no poults in them so we think it could be down to dirty water from ibc tank.our thinking is we will make all release pens ballcock type and we will feed them from bowser

I have an ibc filled up in the yard . Then I've got an ibc in the back of my l200 pickup (it fits perfect ) . I've got a small petrol pump and pump the water from the yard tank into the pick up tank , then transport the water to the pen ibc and pump from the pick up to the pen . 1000 litres of clean water in no time . I'm not surprised that you had difficulty towing an ibc with a quad a full ibc is about a metric tonne .

shovel leaner Its not the weight of tank it's that it has to sit on top of our trailer makes it top heavy and when the tank is only half full its unstable as the water sloshes about(the quad tows no bother its a kvf 700).

GLENNG. going over to the farm on Saturday I will ask if we can borrow a larger trailer from them and if so I will get the dimensions (don't like asking farmer for owt )So I might have to use my defender 90 the dimensions of the bed between wheel arches are width 35''/90cm length 39''/1mtr height 46''/117cm .we do have a water pump to transfer to troughs .

Vizlauk it will be used to carry drinking water to the pens for the birds ibc pallet won't fit our quad trailer very well makes it top heavy a bit hairy when towing .+ the last one we had was very hard to clean out.We lost a a lot of poults last year in one pen that was fed by ibc tank our own fault as we could not get the tank as clean as it should have been and even after we flushed the alkerthean feed pipes we still found slugs blocking the system of drinking bells . the other pens are on a different system ballcock tanks and we lost no poults in them so we think it could be down to dirty water from ibc tank.our thinking is we will make all release pens ballcock type and we will feed them from bowser

You might want to look into putting bleach into the drinking water mate. It's a very small amount to 1000litres and you can pick up a bottle of supermarket brand bleach for under 50p. Obviously the non scented stuff.

We done it and it keeps tanks clean and all pipes plus drinking equipment.

The stuff you we're getting in your pipes would be a build up of medicines you have added. If you can get your IBC set up, running into another 200 litre tank then that feeds your pen. If you have any problems you switch of the feed from your IBC and you medicate the 200litre tank. This way you never put anything but clean water in your IBC.....??

• Like 1

shovel leaner Its not the weight of tank it's that it has to sit on top of our trailer makes it top heavy and when the tank is only half full its unstable as the water sloshes about(the quad tows no bother its a kvf 700).

GLENNG. going over to the farm on Saturday I will ask if we can borrow a larger trailer from them and if so I will get the dimensions (don't like asking farmer for owt )So I might have to use my defender 90 the dimensions of the bed between wheel arches are width 35''/90cm length 39''/1mtr height 46''/117cm .we do have a water pump to transfer to troughs .

i understand that hily , it's called a live load and it's dangerous . I was suggesting transporting a full ibc on the back of a pickup instead of the quad trailer idea . If you have access to a pickup that is .

Ibc would be too tall to fit in back of defender.width 100 length 120 and height 115.i could prob get you a clean laundered one which has previously had food glucose in.would 200ltr plastic drums be any good ?

Thanks for your reply GLENNG So that would be 45gallon drum round or square how can it be filled top or side and if its round is it in a cradle so it could be lain down in the back of my motor even if its not I would be interested in it to convert into a bowser.