Irish Staffs

I already had a dog from em, cost me sod all they spoke about an upcoming breeding. Said it sounded good and put me down for a pup i dont care if it costs me a grand. Turned around n said, "how much you pay for that one?" replied nothing and got told "exactly we dont give a shit about the money".

I would be the same even with a pet breed like my french bulldog. If i had a litter the right home would be more important than the money. Wouldnt care if it was 2k and i know many might just say that but its my morals and concious. Get more joy out of being able to see the dog grow and be well cared for with the option of something back than a poxy few quid.

If you have morals and a conscience you wont breed one of them silly little things full stop !

• Like 4
  • 1 year later...

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The guys selling them will usually be selling Unicorns as well. Search any freeads under Unicorns and you'll find the right sellers.   Or pick up a random Staff and hang a pedigree off it. it's what

I think people are getting mixed up with what a runt actually is, the smallest pup in a litter is often just the smallest pup in a litter not a runt! Often the smallest of pups can grow bigger than th

Posted Images

I don't own him pete you know the lad tho . What would yous cross if you were to breed a lurcher lads

nice dog.... never seen a staff that colour before :yes:

You still haven't seen a Stafford that colour ,,it is a mixed breed ,,,Staffords don't come that colour ,,

• Like 2

When did the name Irish staff pop up and how long will it be to some man is selling his fells as Irish fells, Irish borders, English wheatens. Can someone explain the difference between an Irish staff and any other staff? Genuine question.

Irish staffs came from good quality Staffords from England that were then bred from for work only. That resulted in a strong line of working staffs with the likes of Geronimo. The EBT in psychos line came from North Star, both dam and sire were staff/EBT.

When did the name Irish staff pop up and how long will it be to some man is selling his fells as Irish fells, Irish borders, English wheatens. Can someone explain the difference between an Irish staff and any other staff? Genuine question.

General answered one question earlier in the thread

Up 'till a few years ago fanciers called their dogs by the line they came from and they were quiet local. Dublin had the Dublin Reds and Cork had the Geronimo dogs etc. etc. and that how dogs were described.

But less than 20 years ago a spate of books like Barkers etc. started calling them Irish Staffs and the puppy peddlers jumped on board. Some of these peddlers were around during the 80s when the trials were serious competition but these lads were no where to be seen.

But a few years down the road these lads were all the rave with their game dogs.

And the English bought the story of the Irish staff big time and the funny thing was that there was probably better staffs in England and Scotland but these boys kept their heads down and just got on with it.

• Like 3