Can Anyone Identify This Figurine ?

I've found an identical dog for sale.

Hutschenreuther porcelain.....$110......!!

I think I'll put it somewhere safer !!

Ah Hutschenreuther porcelain a good old English firm....... :laugh:

TC

Yeah, I'm a bit confused by that. I can't copy a link, but the figure is identical in every way..........much head scratching in the BB household

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought it was a lurcher lol

Looks nothing like Beswick, there is no detail in the figurine at all, look at the feet really RAF, it is what it is. Nothing valuable, if you like it then enjoy it.   TC

No visible marks, which is probably why I drew a blank.   We only bought it because we liked it. It looks nice in the living room and only paid a couple of quid, so happy days !

Posted Images

looks beswick..?

You could be onto something after all, mate......

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beswick-Greyhound-Pottery-Dog-Ornament-Figure/381209413000?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D29271%26meid%3Dbed37b2f058b438290b2bf510fd4a565%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D331591001734&rt=nc

I think the German name was clearly wrong. It's listed on US sites as English 20th century.......

Edited by Blackbriar

If that piece in the add is Beswick I'll eat my hat. In the description he has a question mark after the claim it is Beswick. The piece has the body of a greyhound and the legs of a carthorse. BTW the two pieces you linked to on ebay the black and white ones. They had been previously sold by the same seller for £9.50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Standing-White-and-Black-Greyhound-Figures-Figurine-/291454968484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dc11e2a4

TC

Edited by tiercel

If that piece in the add is Beswick I'll eat my hat. In the description he has a question mark after the claim it is Beswick. The piece has the body of a greyhound and the legs of a carthorse. BTW the two pieces you linked to on ebay the black and white ones. They had been previously sold by the same seller for £9.50.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Standing-White-and-Black-Greyhound-Figures-Figurine-/291454968484?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43dc11e2a4

TC

I'm getting more confused TC !

I've seen enough Bargain Hunt to know that Beswick has a mark, and this figure doesn't. If it's by a German maker, it wouldn't be marked "made in England". BUT there is a large range of breeds by Beswick, all in the same style as this. As I said, the US retail is around $100 and sold as " English 20th century", so I don't know what to make of it all........

I'm not after selling it, as we like it a lot, but I'm intrigued by the research......

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 1

It looks identical to a piece I bought my old dear years ago ... It was cheap as chips ... Two a penny mate ......

Your probably right, mate. I'm just intrigued to find out a bit about it.

• Like 1

TC

I've seen enough Bargain Hunt to know that Beswick has a mark, and this figure doesn't. If it's by a German maker, it wouldn't be marked "made in England". BUT there is a large range of breeds by Beswick, all in the same style as this. As I said, the US retail is around $100 and sold as " English 20th century", so I don't know what to make of it all........

I'm not after selling it, as we like it a lot, but I'm intrigued by the research......

Enjoy the research, but don't get hung up on prices. It is only worth to you what you paid for it. But you will get a lot more than the couple of quids worth by just enjoying it for what it is.

TC

• Like 2

TC

Enjoy the research, but don't get hung up on prices. It is only worth to you what you paid for it. But you will get a lot more than the couple of quids worth by just enjoying it for what it is.

TC

Couldn't agree more TC.

Fascinating subject all round and I've already learnt loads of interesting stuff......all for a couple of quid ! (Can't have too many interests, can you ?)