The Bronze Barbel.....

It was only a small one at 6lb 9 oz, but fought well. I use 15lb line for my barbel fishing so i can get a hard, short fight and then release them with plenty of energy left. I don't like the idea of protracted battles on light line for such fish. Many years ago I used to sack all my barbel up to recover, but today I simply get them in quicker and release them straight away and they all swim off strongly.... :victory:

• Like 8

It was only a small one at 6lb 9 oz, but fought well. I use 15lb line for my barbel fishing so i can get a hard, short fight and then release them with plenty of energy left. I don't like the idea of protracted battles on light line for such fish. Many years ago I used to sack all my barbel up to recover, but today I simply get them in quicker and release them straight away and they all swim off strongly.... :victory:

a truly great fish , any barbel over 5lb fights like hell a few blanks are the norm but when you get one their never forgotten :toast: what river you on

a truly great fish , any barbel over 5lb fights like hell a few blanks are the norm but when you get one their never forgotten :toast: what river you on

I travelled up to a little stretch of the Wharfe I know. Its rare I blank,In fact I cant remember the last time I blanked there. The barbel are good sizes and average over 7lb, so that's why I fish it. I also had a common carp from there a while ago that fought like a tiger!

I travelled up to a little stretch of the Wharfe I know. Its rare I blank,In fact I cant remember the last time I blanked there. The barbel are good sizes and average over 7lb, so that's why I fish it. I also had a common carp from there a while ago that fought like a tiger!

if your catching regular then that's good fishing 7lb is a great wieht for an average fish , is it a pretty river the wharf havnt been there