Sea Fishing From The Rocks

Anyone give me any tips on what type of lure ect to use ? as im heading to caravan at Cranfield NI for the summer & intend to do some sea fishing from the rocks,

I do plenty of fresh water spinning at local river but have no experience of sea fishing, any tips is appreciated..

I'm sure there'll be a few pollack there mate,

Sandeel imitations would be my first choice, either savage lures or fiish black minnows are good.

The smaller sidewinders can be ok too.

Caught loads of pollack in Ireland as a way back now on either redgills or jelly worms, an ounce drilled bullet, swivel 4ft- 6ft trace and slowly retrieved over the kelp.. some where decent too around 6lb but that was on the west coast.

Chance of a bass too on those lures,

Mackerel will have a go at most things particulary if they flash a bit so a wedge or toby type lure can work..

Good luck

I used to fish a shorter trace than newkid has said ( just a foot or two) when i live in pembrokeshire and i'd take a flask with a few pack of frozen sand eels and a roll of bait elastic and fish over the kelp and rock marks and deffo worth using a thin wire hook so if it get caught up you can sometimes straighten it out and not loose all your gear.Used to catch pollock by the bucket full,makeral,pouting and the odd wrase and deffo a easy way to fish when your rock hopping...

• Like 1

Used too have a lot of fun free lining sand eels you'd be surprised how close fish come into some of the rocks or just grip weight rig with 2. Hooks bit of squid mackerel and sand eels sit back and have a beer

And don't rule out float fishing either from a rock mark,strip of makeral or even a rubber lure of sorts will get results,watched a fella set a rod up with a float etc for his young daughter when she hassled to come out with us one time while we were makeral bashing from the rocks and she had a 6lb bass hit her makeral strip and she landed it as well :laugh: ..

• Like 2