Wild Boar

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Catching hogs with dogs is extremely fun and exciting. That being said, it's not for everyone. In my opinion, men need to be as hard as their dogs. If my dogs have teeth in a pig, I will have

Without meaning to be a dick. . . . the big bad boar isn't going to hunt the dogs down if they decide to jib. . . . it will just bugger off into another corner.   And yes. . . . anything trapped in

The wolfhound over here are destroyed. I dont know of a single one that is close to the original breed. Kc ruined them. Over here they are way to large and big boned that most non sighthound breeds wi

Posted Images

I like the bulls in video on them in pen or no pen. The way they went in showed they knew the score and had the guts to do the quarry. Straight in no yap just on the ears and control. That yapper would last two mins around me. Looked a husky type. I know boar men have them yippers in the team but I HATE any noise in a lurcher. It spreads like wild fire.

sorry pro's

Easier to hunt in the pen when the dog cant escape? that's like saying its easier for a dog to fight in the box then the park

Without meaning to be a dick. . . . the big bad boar isn't going to hunt the dogs down if they decide to jib. . . . it will just bugger off into another corner.

And yes. . . . anything trapped in a pen, rather than in the wild, will be easier to hunt. It's not a long way from baiting in my eyes. . . . ok for training dogs maybe, but other than that fairly pointless.

As for dog fighting . . . . . . couldn't give a rats arse really, not my cup of tea. . . . . .

Hunting is something you do to a wild animal in my eyes, preferably on its home turf.

• Like 7

I don't wish to beat the video up or tear it apart. Everyone one starts somewhere and doubt I was any better when I first started but, to me the video screamed inexperience with both the dogs and the guys. I DO think it was a good example of what a bull dogs natural instinctive characteristics are and what you can expect of them IF you see these particular two as inexperienced dogs like I do. It was a fun video to watch, I just would hate to think people would see this as kinda an instructional video on here as a how to type deal. For those that don't know any better.

I've seen in France just how big and heavy wild boar are, and to slip a sight hound saturated lurcher on them is asking for trouble they just will not have the jaw strength or wait of body to do the job.

Anyone that's says different is eather not all the ticket or don't give a s##t about there dogs but probably just egomaniacs or ball shitters

Pretty obvious the boar is going to be either wedged in a corner or up against the fence,

The husky type looked like a laika? Or bear dog, thing is if your in a vast or overgrown place,you need to be able to know where the catch dog and boar is,GPs isn't exactly 100 percent reliable. You can follow the barking of the bailer/bay dog call it want you want.

It's alright walking round with couple of point n slip dogs on a lead,but your just going to end up getting tired wandering round trying to stumble across a group of boar,imho.

I've seen in France just how big and heavy wild boar are, and to slip a sight hound saturated lurcher on them is asking for trouble they just will not have the jaw strength or wait of body to do the job.

Anyone that's says different is eather not all the ticket or don't give a s##t about there dogs but probably just egomaniacs or ball shitters

Do you not consider a wolfhound a sight hound. Wolf hound blood runs heavy in lot of 1 out finder holder dogs. I have lots of wolf hound blood in most of my dogs and I ain't just seen pigs, I catch them with my dogs. My dogs are pig dogs and nothing else. If you don't think they should be because they are mostly comprised of wolf hound and deer hound which are sight hounds, that's fine but you obviously don't know everything about the broad spectrum of sight hounds out there. Might ask yourself why so many aussie pig dogs that are considered finder luggers /finder holders, have wolf hound in them. It's not a coincidence that most of mine are 1/3 wolf hound and 1/3 deer hound.

Do you not consider a wolfhound a sight hound. Wolf hound blood runs heavy in lot of 1 out finder holder dogs. I have lots of wolf hound blood in most of my dogs and I ain't just seen pigs, I catch them with my dogs. My dogs are pig dogs and nothing else. If you don't think they should be because they are mostly comprised of wolf hound and deer hound which are sight hounds, that's fine but you obviously don't know everything about the broad spectrum of sight hounds out there. Might ask yourself why so many aussie pig dogs that are considered finder luggers /finder holders, have wolf hound in them. It's not a coincidence that most of mine are 1/3 wolf hound and 1/3 deer hound.

The wolfhound over here are destroyed. I dont know of a single one that is close to the original breed. Kc ruined them. Over here they are way to large and big boned that most non sighthound breeds will run them inside and out. Which never should be the case. Kc is worste thing to happen to dogs over here. Ruined So many breeds
  • Like 4