Can anyone recommend a suitable scope for a .223 that doesn't break the bank? Its for a truck gun that will see a few knocks etc round the estate so I don't want to spend a small fortune on optics that stand of chance of getting damaged. Most shooting with the rifle would be done at distances of about 100-200 yards. I've been looking at some of the vortex optics range but not having or knowing anyone that's used them I would appreciate others input.

Vortex aren't bad, but I'd always go with a second hand S&B or similar.

If I'm honest I tend to avoid second hand scopes after a bad experience buying one before that turned into a nightmare to get my money back!!

I have a Vortex Viper on mine. An excellent scope for the money. :thumbs:

If you don't mind me asking which Viper as there are some in the range way out of what I'd like to spend for some thing that's going to get a hard life?!

Christ that's got some magnification on it!! I don't need quite that much but I'm trying to find a stockist local-ish to me so I can look at a few in the range at least as the pricing's not bad. Its nice to hear a good word about them from someone that uses them instead of someone just trying to sell them, thanks.

No worries mate. They do quite a selection of magnifications if I recall, from the Crossfire though to the Viper.

If the truth be know, I can't see much difference between the glass on my Viper and the glass Nikon Monarch. I would definitely buy Vortex again. :thumbs:

Second hand Leupold VX3 4-14 thick reticule bought from a dealer would probably set you back £450-£500. You'll have a bit if comeback as its a dealer, less if you buy privately. They're tough as old boots, maintain zero on the bouncy truck and is good glass. Cant go wrong.

Hi mate,

don't know if you are sorted now, but I have a Nikon prostaf 3-9 x 50 for sale, excellent condition no crimps and glass is unmarked. had it on my .223 which I have recently sold.

Looking for £140 + post.

LD

• Like 1

Hi mate,

don't know if you are sorted now, but I have a Nikon prostaf 3-9 x 50 for sale, excellent condition no crimps and glass is unmarked. had it on my .223 which I have recently sold.

Looking for £140 + post.

LD

Sorry for the late response fella, I bought my self a Vortex Viper a couple of days ago i'm afraid, thanks very much for the offer though. That's a great scope at a great price!!