Beginner Help

Sam-r

Right boys hunting with Falcons is something I've always been intrested in and now I'm ready to take plunge and finally start only problem is I have no idea where to start lol none of my friends have Hawks so I'm stuck abit. I've decided on a female Harris hawk but I'm stuck on other things like equipment and do I buy a young bird and train it or get a older one already trained any advice welcome but please no nasty comments we was all in my situation once thank you Sam....

Sam you need to get a mentor first and get out and do a bit of hunting with them first. I know you said there are is no one around you who can show you but their is so much more to falconry other than just flying the bird. Care and flying weights which you wont figure out yourself. Google and see if there are any clubs around you. Get books, watch videos. go to shows and game fairs and get as much info as possible. Im doing the same myself. I would love to get a harris some day but not till iv got the time and right tutering behind me to get the best out the hawk. Atb.

• Like 1

As above mate..........what are your expectations? What do you want to hunt on what type of land?

You mentioned falcons, is flying a falcon actually what really want to do?